Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheating

Angry Cheating

I was reading a review on Evony while surfing Cnet today and people were discussing the European advertisements as well as a video, so I did a search on YouTube. Once you enter "Evony" you will see the first two videos discuss different ways to cheat on Evony and how to do it.

There is a rumor circulating Server 13 that certain people are using a "macro" to cheat or another tool called "cheat engine".

The macro tool allows you to record your city being built and then you replay it in a new city you start from scratch. It then takes over all of the building for you while you sit back and do whatever it is you do.

The Cheat Engine allows you to increase the speed of your resources (up to 500% faster) than the normal rate.

I can see where one would want to use these tools, but Evony isn't a game for cheaters. I also know when you view a city that is using the cheat the name of the city is all kinds of symbols when it is activated.

Is there a way to STOP these people from playing Evony or disable their accounts b/c I have reported some of them but nothing has happend as of now?

Please feel free to comment and maybe we should all get together to take them out...

Will you date the video's please? Unless this has come out practically yesterday, cheating is impossible and was stopped a long time ago.

~JPA32

Ohio, Midwest, United States, North America, The New World, Earth, System of Sol, Milky Way

Also "Cheat Engine" only changes what your browser displays, your resources still increase at the normal rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildor View Post
    Pialpha has a long history of pushing others into fights and then sitting back to laugh at the fireworks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxybunny -- Referring to Myself
    ...that a certain person who loves to instigate without ever getting his own personal hands dirty (and who thinks I don't know he does that)

Yes, cheating with Cheat engine is happening! i dl'ed CE 5.5 and tested it, i ran the "speed hack" for 5 minutes and it nearly maxxed my resources. I logged out and back into the game and the resources were still there! I have since submitted a bug report to Evony and explained that this is happening and even wrote them an e-mail with an attached vidoe of this working. I am sure they are aware and hopefully ridding of this issue. I mean come on people, if we cheat to speed up a RTS game, whats the point in it?
    Well, honestly, ***k it if u cant take a joke!

!!!!!!!!!!!! holy striped pants, batman! I knew there was a farming macro out there, but that's real easy for admin to detect, if they care. As for the cheat engine... OMG... never heard of that. Hmm... competing with some peeps here with huge wallets and no job is incredibly difficult (read: impossible). Throw in a resource speed hack (which all but an above poster seem to say doesn't work), and I'm just continuing an exercise in futility!

So... since it doesn't work... I'm sure the moderators, and admins, don't mind Juggaloj posting his evidence here, right? since its flawed and all.

Of course youtube is full of people getting paid to make videos encouraging peeps to buy such automation and macro tools.
    Last edited by DCJerboa; 10-12-2009 at 06:22 AM.

Wow Graneau! No, I don't use one, because I'm not stupid enough to jeopardize my account. I know of the farming macro because someone on my server was caught using it, and was promptly chucked out of his alliance (to the alliance's credit) and 0-pop'd, as well as the whole affair made public in the forums.

I'm sure the #1 alliance on my server can confirm I haven't used a cheat, since they've sat on my doorstep, scouted me over 300 times spread out over the last 7 weeks, attacked me over 200 times, and destroyed my entire puny army once. If I was using a cheat... I'd never have posted here, since it naturally prioritizes my account for scrutiny, if Evony care.

As for having no ability to do anything about it... you're mostly right, except those who are listened to by at least a reasonable number of players, have influence. Don't underestimate people power.

They said Evony have no cheat but why have???By the way cant the security Evony stopped them or do something better than just stand there do nothing??

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by Granuea View Post
    In spite of mods telling me I was wrong, and it was impossible to cheat, getting ignored by other mods on the forums, I simply followed the money trail to get the attention necessary. So Evony acknowledged a few weeks ago that they were aware and programmers were on it. Hence the message posted now when you sign in and system email as follows:

It has come to our attention that certain individuals are using third party "bot" programs to automate their characters in Evony. A bot is used to play an account non-stop, allowing its user to accumulate money, items, and experience or arrange build, research without actually requiring the user to be physically present to play the game. The use of bots goes against the theme of fair play that we have instituted for the game, and is in clear violation of Evony Terms of Use. It is absolutely prohibited. Evony Team will take any and all actions necessary to stop this behavior.

As stated previously, it has a zero-tolerance policy for cheating or boting of any kind. In order to promote a fun and fair environment for all our customers, we are actively investigating those individuals who engage in this inappropriate activity and reserve the right to take legal action against these individuals to protect Evony for all those who "play by the rules."

So please pay ATTENTION to this:
    Players caught using a bot program to automate any of their characters' actions will have their characters removed and their account banned. They will not receive a warning. This will serve as a final warning to those who are considering using a bot. If you are caught using it, you will be banned without question from Evony and your account will be revoked. Evony Team reserves its right to pursue legal action against you as well. Please note that accounts that have been banned due to using a bot will not have any unused Evony cents refunded as per the terms of use.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. Evony Team is committed to maintaining an environment of fair play in Evony. If you suspect someone of using a bot, or wish to report other instances of cheating, please email us at reportabuse@evony.com. Thank you again for your continued support.

Regards,
    Evony Team

I guess even whiners get there way. Guarentee in the long run evony will lose more money than you are paying them as the botters leave. Glad people with no lives and can spend time on this game other than spending it with their families and not attached to their screen have more of an advantage.

how did u find bots? cause i play on server 53 and we have a lot of them there? I use the report button on the game but no feedback from them. I was wondering if got suggestion on reporting them cause it's really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Granuea View Post
    In spite of mods telling me I was wrong, and it was impossible to cheat, getting ignored by other mods on the forums, I simply followed the money trail to get the attention necessary. So Evony acknowledged a few weeks ago that they were aware and programmers were on it. Hence the message posted now when you sign in and system email as follows:

It has come to our attention that certain individuals are using third party "bot" programs to automate their characters in Evony. A bot is used to play an account non-stop, allowing its user to accumulate money, items, and experience or arrange build, research without actually requiring the user to be physically present to play the game. The use of bots goes against the theme of fair play that we have instituted for the game, and is in clear violation of Evony Terms of Use. It is absolutely prohibited. Evony Team will take any and all actions necessary to stop this behavior.

As stated previously, it has a zero-tolerance policy for cheating or boting of any kind. In order to promote a fun and fair environment for all our
    customers, we are actively investigating those individuals who engage in this inappropriate activity and reserve the right to take legal action against these individuals to protect Evony for all those who "play by the rules."

So please pay ATTENTION to this:
    Players caught using a bot program to automate any of their characters' actions will have their characters removed and their account banned. They will not receive a warning. This will serve as a final warning to those who are considering using a bot. If you are caught using it, you will be banned without question from Evony and your account will be revoked. Evony Team reserves its right to pursue legal action against you as well. Please note that accounts that have been banned due to using a bot will not have any unused Evony cents refunded as per the terms of use.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. Evony Team is committed to maintaining an environment of fair play in Evony. If you suspect someone of using a bot, or wish to report other instances of cheating, please email us at reportabuse@evony.com. Thank you again for your continued support.

Regards,
    Evony Team
    1. This mail wuz retracted by evony within a few minutes of it being sent.
    2. Cheat engines and script bots are two totally differnt things.
    3. Nothing was stopped and nothing has changed on this issue. (to any noticable effect)
    Quote:
    "Is an instant of purity worth more than a lifetime of lies?" - Anon

Quote Originally Posted by criplockin View Post
    You failed so effing hard you broke my fail pic.