View Poll Results: Do you want the medal drop rate system to go up?

Voters
370. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

349 94.32%
  • No

21 5.68%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: All together medal drop rate!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulholland View Post
    It's not that there's no drops, it's just that the ratio is way skewed in the wrong direction... smaller lvl drops should be MORE common than higher lvl drops no?
    AGREE whit that the droprate is extremely low

Retired.... Or not

Come on guys! Post here! keep it alive!

Retired.... Or not

It's obvious that Evony think this will be their cash cow. They probably justifiy it to themselves thinking that it helps even up the plains for new players/cities so that older players don't end up with 10 cities before the map's filled out a bit, but the drop rate for me has been about 2%. Ridiculous. I'm going to have to hit another **several** HUNDRED valleys just to get one more city.

4. Angry

Medal drop rates should be significantly higher.

Now to to go slightly off topic, but still a bit related.

Items should be reasonably priced. Rather than trying to rinse the max amount of cash for one transaction, it things are reasonably priced, people will be more inclined to spend some money.

Its called perceived value, and I do not perceive 5 dollars to upgrade 1 building to L10 to be value in any way shape or form. If you do, you are clearly from another planet.

So Evony, you had some money out of me to buy medals to get promotion, but you will not get money out of me for anything else until you make the item prices sensible.

Those of us who have families, mortgages and bills to pay do not have the kind of disposable income you are attempting to target with your ridiculous prices.

Its called economics, and I suggest you read a book or two on it and wake up and smell the roses.
    Last edited by Fat Guts the Horrible; 10-13-2009 at 09:05 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

All Post here And keep the THREAD ALIVE so the Drop rate will be higher !!!

Retired.... Or not

1% is just ridiculous !! It should be at least 3 to 5%. I agree with "Fat Guts" if coins were cheaper im sure everyone would buy them.

Default ugh HELL YA!

ive attacked 3 different valleys about 600 times each using all Cavalry. I've lost so much yet have not gotten a single medal. if u ask me 2000 times should be plenty to get a medal out of a valley. Developers are insane do u really think im gonna spend money on a game that was told to me was FREE FOREVER? no raise the rates or lose your money its just that simple

I'm only a 10-day person on Evony, but I did buy my first $30 pack within the week. I recognized value and as a VP for a software company I have no issue paying for something I use and enjoy.

That said, I find no joy or sport in the game if my advancement is completely tied to my PayPal account and willingness to spend. If I want a game where the amount of money I have (and honestly I have significant $$ to dispose) has a direct relation to the sport and "fun" I am having, then I would rather go on a hunting trip or sport fishing expedition where how much I spend dictates how many woodland creatures they throw into the air for me to shoot as I walk by.

Desperation for advancement in the game to generate revenue is an interesting tact. I'm not certain of the Evony economic model of "mostly free but to *really* play you should pay... and keep paying" is generating significant cash.

Now on the other side, this is a business. Someone needs to pay to keep the servers running and pay engineers. If it was 100% free, no one would pay. I think I have read enough of your postings that you all get that. I think there is some level of polite and well-intentioned delusion that "if the medal drop rate was improved we would pay... we promise!" My distributors and large customer promise me many things if I just add some feature without charging them. It is a balance.

This is solely my analysis and admitted opinion after 10 days. I have personally attacked hundreds of valleys and some NPCs and have seen 0 medals on Server 81. I hear the same from the alliance I am in - no one has seen medals in quite some time.

I suggest to the Evony management that the frustration of the paying and non-paying customer base is mounting, and may have even reached a climax. For you, the only direction of a "public grievance" such as this is a downward trend. I can most certainly shell out hundreds of dollars to advance in this game. I would be its greatest player, loudest advocate, and best marketing colleague you have seen. I'd even consider investing. But truth be told, I see the user community's frustration and I am witnessing it first hand.

This game is good, interesting, and requires only limited direct interaction (read: things happen slowly). That also means it has less incentive for me to consider it one of those games where big $$ per month are required.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStorms View Post
    ive attacked 3 different valleys about 600 times each using all Cavalry. I've lost so much yet have not gotten a single medal. if u ask me 2000 times should be plenty to get a medal out of a valley. Developers are insane do u really think im gonna spend money on a game that was told to me was FREE FOREVER? no raise the rates or lose your money its just that simple
    AGREE but The Developers dont care they just want money, They dont care if we hate the drop rate etc..

Retired.... Or not

Ah but I think you missed his well thought out point about public grievance growing. It was, I believe, an illusion to the game..... grievance up,loyalty and population down. Enough grievance, and time, loyalty, population, and revenue drop to 0. The medal drop rate is causing massive public grievance. The thing is, I don't mind that paying gives you an advantage, but that's very different than paying being your only chance. I have 65k prestige, and the only medal I got (other than the ones that all beginners get from the junior medal pack from the quest) was 1 medal from the daily amulet. (and I spent all the quest cents on amulets to try to get medals too.)

I am on server 78, and am the Vice-Host of an alliance. I don't think anyone in my alliance has gotten a medal from battle, and I am not the only one in the alliance with decent prestige either. The medal drop rates (if they even drop at all) are so low now as to be fubar on the new servers, and I know several people who have quit playing for this reason. People who have money to throw around, but don't like the pay=win, don't = lose simplicity of this equation.