Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 100k cataphracts kill 12 abatis

again, if 54 abatis is the difference between 642k archers dying and 0 dying, the battle mechanics are seriously stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by lorcindor View Post
    again, if 54 abatis is the difference between 642k archers dying and 0 dying, the battle mechanics are seriously stupid.
    It's the difference in the start of the battle in terms of range.

Imagine starting a fight with the enemy units directly in your face (imagine your an archer) as opposed to them starting a mile away.

What situation would you feel more confident in?
    Shwin
    Server 32
    Vice-Host of Espada

If you need help or an activation code, feel free to send me a PM for a (relatively) quick answer!

If I help you, a +rep is appreciated, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shwin View Post
    The phracts died because they started at a range of 5000. If the abatis weren't there , the phracts would start attacking the archers within a round or two, absolutely slaughtering them.
    Yay smart poster, the rest of you who said stupid stuff are not smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwin View Post
    It's the difference in the start of the battle in terms of range.

Imagine starting a fight with the enemy units directly in your face (imagine your an archer) as opposed to them starting a mile away.

What situation would you feel more confident in?
    yes I understand this, but it's still beyond moronic.

The difference between abatis and none. This is cav with layers rather than phracts. Sorry the formation has been cleared because I wanted to share with a few people on our server without giving away good info to my enemies. Different layers would have killed the towers as well but was going for speed over efficiency.

yes, I know that cavs/cataphracts can kill a boatload of archers with no abatis...are we really sure that 54 abatis is the difference between killing 642k archers and 0? and does anyone else not see a problem with this?

Quote Originally Posted by lorcindor View Post
    yes, I know that cavs/cataphracts can kill a boatload of archers with no abatis...are we really sure that 54 abatis is the difference between killing 642k archers and 0? and does anyone else not see a problem with this?
    It could have been ONE trap and it would've been the same result.

That's the game mechanics. If there's even one trap/abatis, the battle starts at a range of 5k. That's it and all the numbers are just semantics.

With massive archers, those traps/abatis give a huge advantage to defending archers. Defending layers, or mass defending cats/phracts are at a huge disadvantage with a trap/abatis.
    Shwin
    Server 32
    Vice-Host of Espada

If you need help or an activation code, feel free to send me a PM for a (relatively) quick answer!

If I help you, a +rep is appreciated, thanks!

why would cats/phacts be at a huge disadvantage with traps and abatis...

presuming the attacker is hitting with archers they will go for defending range units not the mount back units..

watever the attacker hits with the defending units will have wall bonus so doesnt matter what range is as attacking archers and other units will get in range of defending units while defending mountback fight at the front!!

some1 correct me if im wrong..

this is in respnse to shawn saying DEFENDING mounbacks have a big problem when range os 5000..

52 abastis holding 100k cataphracts..rofl