Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 100k cataphracts kill 12 abatis

Where's the EvonyFailBlog when you need it...
    It was the attack hero that did it most definitely.

seriously guys, if you don't have a clue, just shut up..

I bet not many of you have been in a real war, where archers are the cannon fodder, and the cavalry/cataphracts/battering rams make the difference.

#1 the hero has absolutely nothing to do with this report.
    #2 the layers of the arhers has absolutely nothing to do with this report.
    #3 yes, the cataphracts could have slain the archers, if the abatis had been cleared

The attacker most likely send out massive waves of cavalry/warrior to clear traps and abatis, and somehow his waves got too close, so he didn't get a scout report in between, when the spearhead of cataphrats hit. You would know this, if you try to fight more than one player at a time. When I teleport, I often have 9 waves out, more than a million troops at one time most likely, and sometimes you make a mistake! You have to get a scout report every time before you hit, but it can fail!

I'm gonna venture the guess that most og you don't have, and will never get 100,000 cataphracts

Sry for beeing rude, but sometimes it is the only way!

1 of any fortification cept AT would start the thing at 5000 range

Quote Originally Posted by rtfoh View Post
    are you sure, or are you yet another one that throws stuff out there? Would a defensive trebuchet or rolling logs start the battle at 5000 range as well?

brad what is that pic in your signature from? interesting

Logs and ATs don't start at 5k. Traps, abati and Rockfalls do.

Ok.
    Zumbar got it, pretty much. Attack is irrelevant; they archers had a good 5 rounds before the 'phracts reached them.

Even w/ HBR at lv10 that gives the 'phracts 1125 speed. 5k range folks. The 'phracts ran forward and spent three turns gettin' wailed on by 640k archers...thas a lot of damage.
    Even if we assume the defendin' hero only had 300 attack then that and max MT puts the archers at around 540 attack, - 52% for the 'phract defence +IW; there wer 640k of them: 294m damage/range: 147m damage in a single turn.
    Fun fact: 100k 'phracts only have 150m life.
    150m - 147m =....3m?
    And that's not even includin' the catas/b'listers which would bring it up to jus' below 150m.

So what happened was the 'phracts spend the first turn runnin' and the next two turns they got shot to pieces.
    The abati? Numbers are irrespective: 1, 52 or 20k of them; they start the range at 5k and give the archers all the time they need to chew through your 'phracts. They trigger 10% for the first round and 10% for the second: that brings it to about 12 abati triggered.

And then the attacker, with all due respect, screwed up his attack.
    No layers?
    It's all about layers.
    A single scout and a single pony would have given the 'phracts two extra turns before gettin' shot at. Two extra turns means they're right in the archers faces where they get a range deductible and...oh..slaughtered.
    Two units would have won that for the 'phracts.

If the abati weren't there you coudl ahve sent an archer, b'lister and cata as well and given the 'phracts 5 free rounds (when they only even need three) and you probably wouldn't have lost a single 'phract.

As great as it is to look at that report and feel the endless urge of laughter, that's not a surprisin' report. The defender was set up enough and the attacker didn't execute his assault properly.
    Last edited by Darkbrady; 10-13-2009 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satan
    I said before I need to be in the top 100 players or else I won't be able to defend myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ken Deathmarr View Post
    You know, I don't understand your post sometimes ok? So I take it as a mean threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbrady View Post
    He's throwin' things out there. Logs and ATs don't start at 5k. Traps, abati and Rockfalls do.
    ...etc, crap.
    For the lulz.

Read your **** (Damn I'm going to get warned again for being mean) post.

Quote Originally Posted by rtfoh View Post
    YES it will start at 5000. Have you played evony before Zumbar?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbrady View Post
    He's throwin' things out there. Logs and ATs don't start at 5k. Traps, abati and Rockfalls do.
    Learn to read people's post before you make your own. I'm guilty, I didn't read you post, because well it looked stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumbar View Post
    seriously guys, if you don't have a clue, just shut up..
    Please take the advice guys, he's purty smart.

Plain and simple:

It's the difference in the start of the battle in terms of range.

Imagine starting a fight with the enemy units directly in your face (imagine your an archer) as opposed to them starting a mile away.

What situation would you feel more confident in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shwin View Post
    The phracts died because they started at a range of 5000. If the abatis weren't there , the phracts would start attacking the archers within a round or two, absolutely slaughtering them.

Listen to him please and just don't post (Just you OP).
    Last edited by Classic; 10-13-2009 at 04:16 PM.

Darkbrady, let's go to a bar, and forget we ever where here, right?

What?
    Logs don't start the range at 5k.
    So for the lulz? What me and Zumbar said was correct.

And before you go slatin' off anythin' else about my stupid-looking post, you might actually want to read it.
    I explained why they failed and what would have made it work. Simply removin' the abati from the equation would still have lead to much uneeded pain on the horsies side.

Zumbar said it...you said it. Don't post somethin' stupid.
    You said it; read other people's posts before you show that you have no idea what everyone jus' said.

edit@Zum: I think there's a bar in OT, good idea.
    Last edited by Darkbrady; 10-13-2009 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satan
    I said before I need to be in the top 100 players or else I won't be able to defend myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ken Deathmarr View Post
    You know, I don't understand your post sometimes ok? So I take it as a mean threat.

Oh gosh. I'm hurt.

Not talking about the logs by the way. Read the post you quoted, then read yours. Carefully this time .