Thread: How do you get a lot of food?

Default How do you get a lot of food?

I see some guys with hundreds of millions of food and I can't figure it out. I seem to always be sucking wind on food. I am just in time with food, farming level 5s a couple of times a day to keep up with my troops, can't seem to get ahead. Is there a better way? How can I get a ton of food like the big guys who seem to be able to donate 10 or 20 mill to newbies whenever they feel like it.

The obvious answer is to build and upgrade farms. As you said, you can also farm NPCs and other player's cities. In addition, food is probably the cheapest resource on the market, so you can sell lumber or iron for a profit and buy food. Owning a lot of high-level valleys can help. Lakes give the most food bonus, then swamps, then grasslands.

From what I have seen from the more-seasoned players, to own a lot of troops will always mean that you are negative in food production. They upkeep their troops by farming NPCs.
    "I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the stink bug that smears your windshield. I am Lightfoot Duck!"

Actually, most top players don't even have farms anymore, so there is more to this . They jsut keep lumber and iron or only one.

farm NPC's is a good way

# 1 Maybe you are not farming enough npcs? I farm lvl 5s from 3 cities with lvl 9 rally spot, making 8x3 waves going out each time, when they return, I send them to new barbs. I also farm lvl 10s from 2 cities, having 2-3 heroes out at a time, each lvl 10 brings in 19 mill food.

# 2 Another way is to produce iron/wood, and sell it, then buy food for the gold. On my server the value is around 2/2,5 food = 1 iron/wood, so when the prices is like that, you are far better of with mines for example, than having farms.

# 3 I also attack other players, especially players with a lot of barbs around, as I know they will have a lot of food. Last week I plundered more than 3.5billion food from just one guy.

- So it is all about finding the right strategy, or combining the above, and you will soon have massive amounts of food