Thread: NPC Level 1 Farming

Default NPC Level 1 Farming

I've attacked several lvl 1 NPCs, but I cannot quite figure out the best way to farm them. Should I do waves? What should I do to minimize losses? I can easily wipe them out, I just can't figure out the best way to get the resources and take out the troops.

Use this guide:
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=42643

I have lvl. 8 archery/lvl. 6 horseback riding. I have found that if you send 20 ballistas and 43 transports, you can plunder all of the Lvl 1 NPC's resources without taking any losses.

Remember, read the guide! You must have the right Arch./HBR combination.

This is the way that I figured out the number of transports. A transport can carry 5000 load. So I looked at the total resources and divided by 5000.

Several people have commented that you can use much less ballistas and transports if you take into consideration the level of your technology (I haven't figured that in yet). For now, my simple guide is as follows:
    Lvl 1 NPC: 20 ballistas/43 transports
    Lvl 2 NPC: 50 ballistas/71 transports
    Lvl 3 NPC: 170 ballistas/240 transports
    Lvl 4 NPC: 250 ballistas/452 transports
    Lvl 5 NPC: 550 ballistas/798 transports

When I get a chance, I try to figure in how your level of Technologies will reduce these numbers.
    Last edited by Adrian Lightfoot; 10-28-2009 at 10:32 AM.
    "I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the stink bug that smears your windshield. I am Lightfoot Duck!"

The only problem is that I do not have high enough techs to get ballistas...so I have to work with warriors, workers, and archers.

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Thranq View Post
    The only problem is that I do not have high enough techs to get ballistas...so I have to work with warriors, workers, and archers.

Thanks for the reply.
    Work on upgrading your barracks and techs first. In this stage of the game you shouldn't have a problem with food yet.

If you are however short of it, ask your alliance for some supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Thranq View Post

Thanks for the reply.
    Hmmm... a ballista's attack = 450 and an archer's attack = 120, so a ballista is roughly worth about 4 archers. transports carry 5000 load, while a worker carries 200. So a tranport is worth about 250 workers.

I'm not sure about this... you can send archers and workers, but you're going to need some warriors, pikes and swords to form a rainbow (so your archers don't get wiped out). You also have to worry about the Lvl 1 NPC's 1000 traps, so you need some warriors to clean them out.

I'm still learning about combat mechanics, so I'm not the best person to give advice. I think that you're going to take some losses without ballistas.
    "I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the stink bug that smears your windshield. I am Lightfoot Duck!"

Default npc farming

read satan's complete guide....he has the amounts you need as far as troops....and he suggests using just archers....

Becareful high lvl compass makes you lose troops.
    Ninjutsu
    Server 27 RIPLOL

忍 法

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bestard die for his."

̿̿̿ '̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(?̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿̿̿

The main defence on level 1 npc's is traps. There are 1,000 traps and only small numbers of other troops.
    My preference is 2,000 warriors and 1,000 workers. You lose around 200 - 300 of each but the net gain is still good. Those losses could be lower with a decent hero.
    PEACE