Page 1 of 233 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission: Highly Improbable

Default Mission: Highly Improbable

The lightning raged.

The cursed storm season was hopefully almost over, but that did nothing to cheer up the soldier as he walked the crowded streets of Whitewater.

He eventually stepped forth into the Adventurer's Guild. Grumbling, he handed his notice to the guildmaster, Tom.

Tom took a look at the notice and his eyes widened. He posted it on the high priority board.

The notice read:

WANTED:
    Highly skilled adventurers loyal to Whitewater and the Alliance for high priority mission.
    Long-distance travel required.
    Risk level: Critical
    Point of contact:
    Steven, Knight Errant, Shadow Brigade

As the storm raged on, the soldier took his seat at one of the tables of the inn. Sighing, he asked himself why he had to begin his career in this manner. With the assignment he had been given, his chances of advancing past his knight-errant status were slim at best, hinging mostly on his ability to survive. He nodded to Tom. The man would at least direct any takers to his table.

Giselle Darkwind made her way, silent as a breeze over an empty field, into the heart of enemy territory. She was on the trail of her latest target. The game would end, as it always did, and it would end only when her target lay dead at her feet. Giselle found pleasure in the hunt, the skill she employed to track and eventually destroy Lolth's enemies against the hiding ability of her prey. None of her targets had escaped her reach, and this would be no different. The storm only aided her pursuit rather than hindered it, masking her movements to where only chance would alert her prey to her presence, not that it would matter.

(I'll add more later, but for now this is just a start.)

OOC: So, where does one sign up for this RP?

((The other thread I made, called Greetings, is the OOC thread to accompany this one. I'd like to keep this one entirely in character if possible))

Cool

Utheri Majere entered the Adventurer's Guild, as he did every day. Every day, and yet he had not found a single quest he could take asking anything more than "Find my cat!" or "Help my child!" He sneered at the very memory of those requests. But that had changed. He was no longer a novice, no longer an apprentice. So when he read the notice on the board of a mission of critical importance, he could already feel the adrenaline begin to rush. He motioned to Tom, with whom he was well-aquainted from his many visits. He asked politely, "Who should I speak to for this job?" Tom motioned to a man sitting at a table. Utheri nodded, and began to walk to the table.

So what will you do when they call your name and you're not ready to go?
    Everyone will stare at you and tell you what you know
    That you're in too deep and you can't quite keep your secrets, one and all
    We might just make it after all, on our own

Quote Originally Posted by rasterbee View Post
    That's a cleverly stupid response, trogdor.

(I have another class here soon so I'm just posting real fast before I leave lol.)

Giselle's current job was to take out one of Whitewater's high ranking military officials and his family as a very clear warning to his second in command. The first part was the easiest, given the fact the man had regretfully forgot to lock his tower office window. While most people wouldn't have even the chance to scale a nearly vertical wall which was slick with the rain from the storm, with very little hand holds, Giselle had no issue at all as she climbed up with nothing but her hands and feet, enchanted a few minutes ago to stick to even the slickest of surfaces. Once she reached the top, she could see that the poor ******* was sound asleep, an empty bottle in his clenched hand. Too easy and sleeping. You won't be waking up again. She smiled to herself as she silently crept up to the soldier, pulled one of her blades free, and drove it into the man's chest hard. The soldier didn't even get a chance to open his eyes before the life bled out of him. Pulling the scimitar free, Giselle quickly removed his head and stuffed it into a leather bag before going out the same way she had come in. Now to destroy his wife and three kids.
    Last edited by Vergil1989; 10-29-2009 at 12:00 PM.

Steven eyes the man approaching him. His robes identified him as a mage. Judging by the color, style, and way he carried himself, he was proud to have found this quest.

Steven only hoped that the pride wouldn't be his downfall.

"So, looks like you just spoke to Tom," commented the knight-errant as the mage approached his table. "Tell me about yourself. What makes you feel you're qualified for something this dangerous?"

Cool

Utheri sat at the table, and looked directly into the man's eyes. "I have been told that I am...over-ambitious, that I am arrogant. Those who would believe that are fools. I am not arrogant, and I only lust for that which is rightfully mine. I want power. And for that reason, I am going to embark on this mission. As for qualifications, I am qualified as a mage and will be able to provide medium range firepower as backup for the rest of the group. That is...if you have a group?" He leaned back, waiting quietly to here the man's response.

So what will you do when they call your name and you're not ready to go?
    Everyone will stare at you and tell you what you know
    That you're in too deep and you can't quite keep your secrets, one and all
    We might just make it after all, on our own

Quote Originally Posted by rasterbee View Post
    That's a cleverly stupid response, trogdor.

Leonard made his way to the Adventures Guild to hide from the rain when he saw the poster.
    "Hm, this looks good. I bet the award is high." he thought to himself when he entered the Guild. He went to the man named Tom. He got the instruction to go to the one named Steven. When he got close to the table, he saw Steven and a mage, that the cloth tells right.
    "Hello, my name is Leonard Windsong, and I'm a Bountyhunter. I would like to join this mission that your searching people for and I can tell you that if you accept me, you will get a good swordsman."