Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret to Farming for medals

Lightbulb Secret to Farming for medals Server 69

How to get medals for server 69. And I will admit it was a lot of work at first.... (This works on server 69... Will not say it work like this on all servers)

This is the information needed to find medals or setup a sheet.
    what valley type it is
    what level valley it is
    and a link to copy the information of what was used to attack and what was attacked. This information is used to see what type of troops were used.

Work with your alliance and get all reports for medals from them...

Look here for a medal drop sheet for server 69. This is from my alliance helping with getting the information together.

Google Spreadsheet of medal for server 69

This is not a drop rate setup this is just where they were found.
    If on server 69 then all you will need is the sheet from above and to have read the FAQ below or in the sheet.

Why you ask again.... Or how......

Now you can look at the different type of medal pages and see what was used to fight and what was there. Also tells you what valleys have seen more of what type medals.

(Hero int, attack, and what not did not play any factor in this find.) I used crappy heroes, use better attack heroes, I even use by best int hero. All had about the same return.

That whole sheet is only 2 weeks worth of work. I have ranked up from knight to baron and still finding more medals when I farm valleys.

Quests are full of crap, farm high level valleys to get medals. Not low level like the quest claims. And look at the sheet to get an idea where to look for what.

The FAQ of how to farm medals....

Q. Do I have to take the valley to get a medal?
    A. No just attacking it is enough. (Framing with full valleys slots)

Q. How do I do it with out lots of loses of troops?
    A. Scout the valleys at the start of the day and then only attack the valleys that don't have cav or archers in them. (Farming troop type should be archers 35k range)

Q. Is spam attacking better or worst for getting medals?
    A. Based on what I have seen people who spam attack valleys get far less then the people who attack them once an hour.

Q. The quest said to farm x level to get x medal is this true?
    A. No. Why I do not know. But from the work done medals are found in the up three levels. (7-10) for the most part. Each valley type gives better chants for some types of medals.

Q. What units are best for farming with?
    A. I used archers in the about of 35k with nothing else for level 10 valleys which is where you will find more medals. Scout them before hand and don't attack valleys that have Cav or archers in them. This will cut your loses.

Q. How long do I have to farm a valley to get a medal?
    A. Well some-days you get them as often as each attack, others lot less... it comes and goes. You will need to spend most of a day doing it to find medals. More likely a few weeks to get all of the medals you need.

Q. I looked at the sheet and it makes no since to me... HELP???
    A. For most people you will only need to look at the first page. The "overveiw" Across the top is the type medals. Down the side in the first set of blocks are the type of valleys they were found in. Second set of blocks show what level valleys where farmed for them.

Q. It looks like you are not updating the sheet anymore. Why?
    A. Well I was doing it to help out my alliance. When we started to hit 50 to 60 medal a day it was too much work to keep up with it and play the game and these were just the people who remember to mail me everything.

Q. Can I copy your work and use it as a start for mine?
    A. It all numbers or functions of excel. I do not mind people using my work as a starting point for these.

Q. For entering data is there an easy way to do it other then looking at the report and typing it in?
    A. Well not that I found. I can not find a way to pull the information from the reports due to the flash player. If someone finds a way would love to see it.

Q. I need Rose medals. I see the chart said flatlands level 10s. How many did you get per day?
    A. From the whole alliance I would see about 5 to 7 per day. (Again not everyone was giving information could be more)

Q. You do not show getting medals from NPC. Why?
    A. Out of the whole 2 weeks looking for medals. I was farming valleys and a large handful of npc 1-5 and did not come up with any myself. Nor did any of my alliance. This could be due to the farming npc with ballistas /transports so no loses were taken.

Q. Attacking one valley at a time or more then one?
    A. scout all level 10s in side like 20miles and attack all that don't have cav or archers.

(P.S. if there are more questions that I have not covered please mail me and I will answer them if I can.)
    Last edited by Docwho83; 10-31-2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Just trying to make the FAQ part better

Hmmm. This looks Very promising. What type of troops did you use?

Thumbs down what

you didtn even say what types of troops also you get better results from npc but hey what do i know i am a duke an am 12 justice medals away from getting furstin an have not paid a single cent on this game
    Server33 "You can sleep with a gun but when you gonna wake up and fight!"

sadly on server 69 no one in my alliance has gotten any medals from farming npc. I personally have farmed level 1-5 non stop for the last 2 weeks along with farming valleys to get medals. Still to only come up with medals from valleys.
    Just a lowly player on server 69.

Work to date that helps out everyone on my server...
    Medal found at locations Sheet

Or to the Secret to Farming for medals

Do you have any opinion on mass spamming attacks on multiple lvl7-9's vs attacking 1 lvl10 and then another lvl10? I think the 7-9's is quicker and results in less losses, but not sure.

ballista worked for me on a lvl 4 NPC got an honor medal tonight
    i got plenty of medals except for 5 rose needed for baronet
    on server 60 haven't heard any of them getting any rose medals out of farming anything
    in the last few weeks all honor and above

"you didtn even say what types of troops also you get better results from npc but hey what do i know i am a duke an am 12 justice medals away from getting furstin an have not paid a single cent on this game"

you gave this thread a thumbs down, and you have done a lot of work yourself to get where you are. do you have a guide to show others how best to farm medals? if you dont have anything constructive to say, then why post? and yes he did say what types of troops to use. he used archers.

excellent post. looks very promising.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sick720 View Post
    "you didtn even say what types of troops also you get better results from npc but hey what do i know i am a duke an am 12 justice medals away from getting furstin an have not paid a single cent on this game"

you gave this thread a thumbs down, and you have done a lot of work yourself to get where you are. do you have a guide to show others how best to farm medals? if you dont have anything constructive to say, then why post? and yes he did say what types of troops to use. he used archers.

excellent post. looks very promising.
    I'll take the stats and figures of someone willing to collect them any day.

Great post OP, you got some rep.

Great post man.

Quote Originally Posted by Docwho83
    Q. What units are best for farming with?
    A. I used archers in the about of 35k with nothing
    There's the answer for all those who didn't thoroughly read it. Use archers and a mixture of warriors/pikes to get what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyena
    I type my name in search every once in a while
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity
    Rofl, so you stalk yourself....?Wow, afraid someone out there is damaging that useless, invisible little e-rep thing you've been working so hard on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyena
    Yes.

here is what I have done in 4 hours today. Hitting only once an hour. As you will see I used 35k of archers with just a mix of heroes. One int, one attack, one pol.

Well lucky I started 14:38 game time to about 20:43 today.

I found one valley really quick in my scouting to day so I hit it once more then the rest.

I have attacked 3 valleys today. 2 flatlands levels 10, and 1 Swamp level 10. for about 4 hours. here are the 3 medals I got

Medals here

hit
    hit
    hit

no medal hits.

hit
    hit
    hit
    hit
    hit
    hit
    hit
    hit
    hit
    hit

so out of 13 attack runs I got 3 medals today. 9 was yesterday but I did not keep the reports.
    Just a lowly player on server 69.

Work to date that helps out everyone on my server...
    Medal found at locations Sheet

Or to the Secret to Farming for medals