Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: How Many Barracks Are Enough?

  1. #11

    Default

    10 minimum

    Then once you have researched everything, destroy your stable, forge and workshop among other buildings
    and replace with more barracks

    So in general 15 is a min for an advanced player

  2. #12

    Default

    15 for someone that wants to keep up, 18 for an advanced player.

  3. #13

    Default

    my preference is between 12 ~17, hovering around 15, but lately have been bottlenecking on Cottages, so I'll increase that and reduce Barracks.

    I like having a Market in every city to save transportation time and to secure resources, so I'll convert some Barrack to Markets. Anyone is vulnerable, for a time, to coordinated attacks by several advanced players
    Last edited by Naraquend; 11-02-2009 at 11:45 AM.
    Lord Naraquend,
    Prinz of NAFTA16 (formerly of the CPO1, Civony Protection Order)

  4. #14

    Default

    No more than 21 and no less than 21.

    21 barracks, 6 cottages, feasting, rally, relief, academy, beacon.

  5. #15

    Cool 21 barracks

    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaughtx View Post
    No more than 21 and no less than 21.

    21 barracks, 6 cottages, feasting, rally, relief, academy, beacon.

    good plan for a FOB city, but not for my main clusters - I'm just not on line enough to make that work.

    If I played a lot then yea, 21 barracks across the board...
    Lord Naraquend,
    Prinz of NAFTA16 (formerly of the CPO1, Civony Protection Order)

  6. #16

    Default

    I have 20 barracks per city but my heroes at 325 attack. Already im feeling the strain and demolishing barracks to keep my troops in queue and build more in one go. Helps me a lot.
    OPTiiMUM
    Server 2
    1.9mil + Prestige
    Alliance: Sanctum

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pure Bedlam View Post
    15 for someone that wants to keep up, 18 for an advanced player.
    I don't think advanced means what you think it means. 17-18 or higher is for a mid level player. Once you get a high enough hero its about your pop limit. Not how many barracks you have. Right now I have on average 13/14 per city with a 502 attack hero with out excalibur and it is hard to keep the queues up. 1 archer = 09s...

    A lot of barracks is only to be able to make a small amount of troops quickly. I on the other hand choose to make large numbers of troops on a daily basis. I would prefer to keep my queue running or at least get a back log going a little bit. I can't really do that with archers. I did have 17-19 barracks like most did up until i hit around 350 attack by that time I was already feeling the strain. So I slowly started replacing barrack by barrack with cottages. Right now I am at 700k+ total population over 10 cities. all 10 are lv 10 npc's and all 10 at one point had 17+ barracks.

    There are 5 key components to mass troop production. Hero / barracks / cottages / tech / resources. Think of it as a balancing act like how you have to do with your loyalty / tax at stable it always equals 100. Think of that the same way with your troop production but instead of tax / loyalty you have barracks / cottages and the key to driving which you need more of is your hero's attack. Low attack hero = more barracks.. High attack hero = less barracks.

    And before any one says anything yes I zero out my production levels before I queue up and yes i move my highest attack hero to each town before queuing.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jake6709 View Post
    I don't think advanced means what you think it means. 17-18 or higher is for a mid level player. Once you get a high enough hero its about your pop limit. Not how many barracks you have. Right now I have on average 13/14 per city with a 502 attack hero with out excalibur and it is hard to keep the queues up. 1 archer = 09s...

    A lot of barracks is only to be able to make a small amount of troops quickly. I on the other hand choose to make large numbers of troops on a daily basis. I would prefer to keep my queue running or at least get a back log going a little bit. I can't really do that with archers. I did have 17-19 barracks like most did up until i hit around 350 attack by that time I was already feeling the strain. So I slowly started replacing barrack by barrack with cottages. Right now I am at 700k+ total population over 10 cities. all 10 are lv 10 npc's and all 10 at one point had 17+ barracks.

    There are 5 key components to mass troop production. Hero / barracks / cottages / tech / resources. Think of it as a balancing act like how you have to do with your loyalty / tax at stable it always equals 100. Think of that the same way with your troop production but instead of tax / loyalty you have barracks / cottages and the key to driving which you need more of is your hero's attack. Low attack hero = more barracks.. High attack hero = less barracks.

    And before any one says anything yes I zero out my production levels before I queue up and yes i move my highest attack hero to each town before queuing.
    Yeah I see this being a problem later on. Archers take 27 seconds for me, and although still easy to maintain 24/7 off 6 lvl 10 cottages, it's starting to become a problem.
    Last edited by Onslaughtx; 11-04-2009 at 09:41 AM.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaughtx View Post
    Yeah I see this being a problem later on. Archers take 27 seconds for me, and although still easy to maintain 24/7 off 6 lvl 10 cottages, it's starting to become a problem.
    I have 10 cities.. and even 27s would drive me nuts.. what do they queue up at? 16,500 / 21 = 785 x 21 = 4.5h.. well that answers that. 4.5 hours is not enough for me.. I prefer 6-7 or a little higher queue times. But hey if you can keep them up then by all means. If you had my hero.. it would be under 2 hours.. Then I seriously doubt you could keep that going 24/7. How many cities do you have? I am at 10 and I do this with every single city.. Move hero.. 0 out production.. make attack hero mayor.. queue up troops.. make pol hero mayor.. 100% production move hero. Yeah something like that x 10.. It seems all I do is queue up troops.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    its ok honestly i dont use many barracks :blush: but thats fine so not really a guide as much as a information thing

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •