View Poll Results: Did this help those of you who are new to making guides?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 32.00%
  • Kinda

6 24.00%
  • No

5 20.00%
  • Dont care

6 24.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide to making guides...

Default Guide to making guides...

MAKING GUIDES
    By Captian Virk

Ok well i see a lot of guides come and go because of what I am about to share with you. Trust me I have made my far share of failed guides. So hopefully with theses seven things you will be able to make a good guide.

1.)First off speak clearly!!!

If I cant understand what you are saying why in the world would I want to read your guide.

2.)Spell things correctly

You should have no excuse for this one, because there is a spell check.(The red zig zag line under every word you type)

3.)Be willing to share your ideas

We want to hear what you have to say. We are always open to new ideas and to find out if they are correct, or not.

4.)Make it stand out

When I read a guide I hate it when it is just a chunk of paragraph... So maybe put a chart explaining what you are saying, or even a visual picture every now and then.

5.)Give proof

There are people out there who wont believe it unless you give them some screen shots, or battle reports, or what ever.

6.)Keep it organized

It is really hard to understand what you are saying when every thing is all jumbled up.

7.)Make sure you know what you are talking about

Yea, very important... lol

That's it for the most part besides making up a bunch of crap... so have fun making guides and hoped this helped.

If it helped give me some rep please!!!

And "LOL" is not bad spelling it's just internet lingo lol
    Last edited by captian virk; 11-08-2009 at 05:26 PM.
    Retired Writer Dude

"People can be whoever they want on the internet, but so many choose to be dumb."

Text

It was good a little I guess.
    Last edited by Lord Ken Deathmarr; 11-02-2009 at 06:53 PM.

Thank you captian Virk!

Retired player of Evony.
    +Rep me if I helped

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Read my best story yet!
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=97171

You forgot one,

"Make sure you understand what you are talking about before making the Guide"

That is intended for a few guide writers out there who may or may not be reading this or have posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped Under Ice View Post
    You forgot one,

"Make sure you understand what you are talking about before making the Guide"

That is intended for a few guide writers out there who may or may not be reading this or have posted.
    Thanks i almost forgot!!! lol
    Retired Writer Dude

"People can be whoever they want on the internet, but so many choose to be dumb."

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by captian virk View Post
    MAKING GUIDES

Ok well i see a lot of guides come and go because of what I am about to share with you. Trust me I have made my far share of failed guides. I know how not to fail now.

First of speak clearly!!!

If I cant understand what you are saying why in the world would I want to read your guide.

Spell things correctly

You should have no excuse for this one, because there is a spell check.(The red zig zag line under every word you type )

Be willing to share your ideas

We want to hear what you have to say. We are always open to new ideas and to find out if they are correct, or not.

Make it stand out

When I read a guide I hate it when it is just a chunk of paragraph... So maybe put a chart explaining what you are saying, or even a visual picture every now and then.

Give proof

There are people out there who wont believe it unless you give them some screen shots, or battle reports, or what ever.

Keep it orginized

It is really hard to understand what you are saying when every thing is all jumbled up.

Make sure you know what you are talking about

Yea, very important... lol

That's it for the most part besides making up a bunch of crap... so have fun making guides and hoped this helped... (Something I said is gonna back fire on me. Like grammar... )

If it helped give me some rep please!!!
    I got a smile from this post...

best guide ever!!!!! well done.

Thumbs up

I always wanted some framework like this to be put up. Though some statements like 'plz dont post ur questions in guide forum', etc. have become kinda cliche now, there are people who haven't realized them yet

+rep to OP
    Regards,

Lord Prabhu
    WMDe, WN1

Stickied to help others
    Look for Heights in the RPG and story section

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Arumen View Post
    Stickied to help others
    Er, I can see where you're coming from but honestly wasn't this guide just a guide to strike at Lord Ken Deathmarr in a sense for his sad guides that either give incorrect info or are just in the wrong ballpark?

Text

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped Under Ice View Post
    Er, I can see where you're coming from but honestly wasn't this guide just a guide to strike at Lord Ken Deathmarr in a sense for his sad guides that either give incorrect info or are just in the wrong ballpark?
    Look at those two guides that I posted. The info is correct.

Thank you captian Virk!

Retired player of Evony.
    +Rep me if I helped

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Read my best story yet!
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=97171