View Poll Results: Did this help those of you who are new to making guides?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    8 32.00%
  • Kinda

    6 24.00%
  • No

    5 20.00%
  • Dont care

    6 24.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Guide to making guides...

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Borneo
    Posts
    16

    Default

    "Where am I?"
    Let me oooouuuuuuutttttttt

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    cool i read this after making a guide lol but gos pretty much with what i did and how do you get screenshots?

  3. #13

    Default

    first to vote no
    u think if you are making a guide to guides u would include a bit more information and have it formatted to be appealing.

    only thing I got from this "guide" is how smilies make a "how to guide" look bad

    stickied because quantity is more important then quality

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A3Online View Post
    first to vote no
    u think if you are making a guide to guides u would include a bit more information and have it formatted to be appealing.

    only thing I got from this "guide" is how smilies make a "how to guide" look bad

    stickied because quantity is more important then quality
    Nice spelling.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A3Online View Post
    first to vote no
    u think if you are making a guide to guides u would include a bit more information and have it formatted to be appealing.

    only thing I got from this "guide" is how smilies make a "how to guide" look bad

    stickied because quantity is more important then quality
    I guess it is lol
    Retired Writer Dude

    "People can be whoever they want on the internet, but so many choose to be dumb."

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Nice spelling.
    yes cause spelling is most important on the inter-net
    good to see others are voting no

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A3Online View Post
    yes cause spelling is most important on the inter-net
    good to see others are voting no
    Actually spelling is important... and I can see your not much of a grammar person yourself... hahahaha lol
    Retired Writer Dude

    "People can be whoever they want on the internet, but so many choose to be dumb."

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captian virk View Post
    Actually spelling is important... and I can see your not much of a grammar person yourself... hahahaha lol
    yes good job quoting sarcasm

    if spelling is so important as you say
    "lol" rather ironic ?

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A3Online View Post
    yes good job quoting sarcasm

    if spelling is so important as you say
    "lol" rather ironic ?
    When I say spelling, smarty, I mean spelling the difference between there and their. That kind of thing... oh and this made guide of the day and was a sticky so I wouldn't be talking like that if I were you.
    Retired Writer Dude

    "People can be whoever they want on the internet, but so many choose to be dumb."

  10. #20

    Default

    First off... you can't even spell captain?
    Quote Originally Posted by captian virk View Post
    Actually spelling is important... and I can see your not much of a grammar person yourself... hahahaha lol
    Your? Do you mean you're?
    LoL

    And for the below quote I underlined your spelling errors(you can't spell fair, off, or organized).
    LoL
    Quote Originally Posted by captian virk View Post
    MAKING GUIDES
    By Captian Virk

    Ok well i see a lot of guides come and go because of what I am about to share with you. Trust me I have made my far share of failed guides. So hopefully with theses seven things you will be able to make a good guide.

    1.)First of speak clearly!!!

    If I cant understand what you are saying why in the world would I want to read your guide.

    2.)Spell things correctly

    You should have no excuse for this one, because there is a spell check.(The red zig zag line under every word you type)

    3.)Be willing to share your ideas

    We want to hear what you have to say. We are always open to new ideas and to find out if they are correct, or not.

    4.)Make it stand out

    When I read a guide I hate it when it is just a chunk of paragraph... So maybe put a chart explaining what you are saying, or even a visual picture every now and then.

    5.)Give proof

    There are people out there who wont believe it unless you give them some screen shots, or battle reports, or what ever.

    6.)Keep it orginized

    It is really hard to understand what you are saying when every thing is all jumbled up.

    7.)Make sure you know what you are talking about

    Yea, very important... lol



    That's it for the most part besides making up a bunch of crap... so have fun making guides and hoped this helped.

    If it helped give me some rep please!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •