Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NPC Cities

Default NPC Cities

there should be a way to raze or eliminate NPC cities. once you can occupy the city when it asks for a new name you should have the option of eliminating it. there are just so many low level npcs littering the landscape and no space for more useful higher level npcs

A way to demolish npc's into flats comes to mind. It would be interesting to do that to players city's as well in case we do not desire to take them over. What do you guys think?

An expensive way is to capture the NPC city and teleport it somewhere else

.....yeah, I'm not doing that either...

Cool agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuzuku View Post
    A way to demolish npc's into flats comes to mind. It would be interesting to do that to players city's as well in case we do not desire to take them over. What do you guys think?
    i agree
    they say it is every one responsibility to take npc's out but we no way of doing it.

if we could delete npcs ... then you could take a players city and abandon it and then take the npc and eliminate it. it should be expensive to eliminate someone city

Default NPC/City elimination

This could easily be accomplished with an easy change in code.

Instead of the server saving the information about the flat that a city occupies, you would simply take over the city and then deconstruct the Town Hall.

Once you get to Town Hall level 1, you could then choose to deconstruct it and the game would warn you that removing the town hall removes the town.

You choose yes and wait for the DEconstruction to finish and the town becomes a level 1 flat.

In this manner one could take over NPC cities that occupy spaces near them and remove them, thus opening the way for building cities in those spaces or even building other NPC's.

As a further addition, if you have a low level NPC near you and you would like to build it into something else. If you were to take it over and then build the Town Hall, then abandon it, the game would determine the level of the NPC created by the size of the town hall.

For Example:
    There is a level 3 NPC next to your city, you would like to build a level 5 NPC there, so you would then take over the level 3 NPC, build the Town Hall from level 3 to level 5, then abandon the city again. Thus creating a level 5 NPC.

Not requiring the server to store the flat information may not help a lot with server load, but it should help some. And it gives the players more options as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan2 View Post
    This could easily be accomplished with an easy change in code.

Instead of the server saving the information about the flat that a city occupies, you would simply take over the city and then deconstruct the Town Hall.

Once you get to Town Hall level 1, you could then choose to deconstruct it and the game would warn you that removing the town hall removes the town.

You choose yes and wait for the DEconstruction to finish and the town becomes a level 1 flat.

In this manner one could take over NPC cities that occupy spaces near them and remove them, thus opening the way for building cities in those spaces or even building other NPC's.

As a further addition, if you have a low level NPC near you and you would like to build it into something else. If you were to take it over and then build the Town Hall, then abandon it, the game would determine the level of the NPC created by the size of the town hall.

For Example:
    There is a level 3 NPC next to your city, you would like to build a level 5 NPC there, so you would then take over the level 3 NPC, build the Town Hall from level 3 to level 5, then abandon the city again. Thus creating a level 5 NPC.

Not requiring the server to store the flat information may not help a lot with server load, but it should help some. And it gives the players more options as well.
    yea this seems cool but what happens to all the rescource feilds that are there. you would have to take away some or something like that before you could deconstruct your TH
    Zach

Quote Originally Posted by zwmtj View Post
    yea this seems cool but what happens to all the rescource feilds that are there. you would have to take away some or something like that before you could deconstruct your TH
    That is another thought and would make it still possible and a much more painful process, if you required the owner to remove ALL constructions in a city before he could completely remove it. It actually makes more "REALISM" sense as well, since the theory behind the Barbarian(NPC) occupation of abandoned cities is that they occupy the structures that the players leave behind.

In a way, this would encourage sale of "cents" to buy dynamite and/or speedups.

ah, grasshoppers, remember online gaming rule #1:

#1 the game gods are paying for servers, administrators, and coders, they also have a desire to earn a penny so they can take their family out to
    mcky ds, obvious fact is that buying teles to send an npc away is the best alternative, no

Demoing everything would make since.... I do dislike current coding on npc. To easy to get npc 10s or 5s.

Take a flat at the level you want then build a city. send troops home or if you not worried about lose of 250 workers adandon it. (the just adandon it used when building like 9 at a time...) Since I have done this myself... time gets to be a pain but I have setup 9 lv 5 npc in like 2 hours of work. now I have all the farms I want.

To slow this down would be better if you had to spend the time to upgrade the TH to said level. This again would slow down people taking npc 10 since they would be hard to come by. Again save people loads of money on mich scripts.

but if it was npc were based on level of TH then it would do this....
    Earn the game GODS more money.... players having to buy mich scripts, or other items (HINT HINT)
    Just a lowly player on server 69.

Work to date that helps out everyone on my server...
    Medal found at locations Sheet

Or to the Secret to Farming for medals