Thread: Effectively Growing Your City

Text Effectively Growing Your City

This guide is not by me clearly. I'm saying this so you do not think I'm doing plagiarism. I would never do that.

This guide is by Lord Psye

So you've decided to start growing your army, but your 3 barracks city with 10 cottages isn't cutting it. This guide is written to help you grow your army so that you'll be able to produce somewhere around 15-20k archers every 24 hours with 2 or 3 cities.

First forget everything you know about farms and quarries. We're going to be focusing on mines and mills. Now you might say, but Psye, how do I feed my army once I have it? Well, you sell lumber from your lumber mills and iron from your mines to buy food. Lumber generally sells (on my server) for 3x the going rate of food and iron sells for even more. So why produce food when you can produce lumber and iron. Some goes for stone. If you need stone, sell lumber/iron to buy stone. The only disadvantage to this is if you take a week/month off, you're going to need to stock-up on food, or lose your army. This is just how it goes. If you find a better method than mine, let me know.

Remember to focus on one resource per city and only have valleys that match that resource. This will let you maximize your return from that city.

Example: If City 1 Produces lumber, only have lumber mills and forests as valleys. Also make sure you've researched Lumbering lv 9. If City 2 produces iron only have all iron mines and all Hills as valleys. Also have Mining lv 9.

One of your cities should be your producing war city. It should look something like this:

Feasting Hall (demolish your Inn after building it)

Academy (for military science)

At least 15 barracks

Beacon Tower (optional, but useful)

Rally Spot

Walls (optional but useful)

Workshop (optional, demolish after building walls)

Forge (Demolish after building workshop)

5 or 6 Cottages

Now I know what you?re thinking, but Psye, if I only have 5 or 6 cottages, how am I going to make troops? To make troops, send a bunch of iron or wood (whichever your war-city isn't producing, usually about 5-7million) to your war city so you have lots of food, wood, and iron. Next, drop the production of your war city to 0. Make sure you have a mayor with a high attack stat as this will greatly reduce training time. Now queue up all the troops you can, and after building them, bring the production back up to 100.

Profit. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Lord Ken Deathmarr; 11-05-2009 at 05:48 PM.

Thank you captian Virk!

Retired player of Evony.
    +Rep me if I helped

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Read my best story yet!
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=97171

Dude, copy and paste this to Word and fix all the spelling mistakes. I'm not trying to flame you, merely protecting you from the inevitable, lol.

Whats the link you found this from?
    Retired Writer Dude

"People can be whoever they want on the internet, but so many choose to be dumb."

Text

Yeah you're right. Lord Psye made really bad grammar. I'll fix it right now.

Edit:I found this guide on theevonywiki, really good info. I think I was told you can't post links, so for my safety, I will not post it.
    Last edited by Lord Ken Deathmarr; 11-05-2009 at 05:49 PM.

Thank you captian Virk!

Retired player of Evony.
    +Rep me if I helped

(\__/)

Read my best story yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ken Deathmarr View Post
    This guide is not by me clearly. I'm saying this so you do not think I'm doing plagiarism. I would never do that.

This guide is by Lord Psye

So you've decided to start growing your army, but your 3 barracks city with 10 cottages isn't cutting it. This guide is written to help you grow your army so that you'll be able to produce somewhere around 15-20k archers every 24 hours with 2 or 3 cities.

First forget everything you know about farms and quarries. We're going to be focusing on mines and mills. Now you might say, but Psye, how do I feed my army once I have it? Well, you sell lumber from your lumber mills and iron from your mines to buy food. Lumber generally sells (on my server) for 3x the going rate of food and iron sells for even more. So why produce food when you can produce lumber and iron. Some goes for stone. If you need stone, sell lumber/iron to buy stone. The only disadvantage to this is if you take a week/month off, you?re going to need to stock-up on food, or lose your army. This is just how it goes. If you find a better method than mine, let me know.

Remember to focus on one resource per city and only have valleys that match that resource. This will let you maximize your return from that city.

Example: If City 1 Produces lumber, only have lumber mills and forests as valleys. Also make sure you?ve researched Lumbering lv 9. If City 2 produces iron only have all iron mines and all Hills as valleys. Also have Mining lv 9.

One of your cities should be your producing war city. It should look something like this:

Feasting Hall (demolish your Inn after building it)

Academy (for military science)

At least 15 barracks

Beacon Tower (optional, but useful)

Rally Spot

Walls (optional but useful)

Workshop (optional, demolish after building walls)

Forge (Demolish after building workshop)

5 or 6 Cottages

Now I know what you?re thinking, but Psye, if I only have 5 or 6 cottages, how am I going to make troops? To make troops ? send a bunch of iron or wood (whichever your war-city isn?t producing, usually about 5-7million) to your war city so you have lots of food, wood, and iron. Next, drop the production of your war city to 0. Make sure you have a mayor with a high attack stat as this will greatly reduce training time. Now queue up all the troops you can, and after building them, bring the production back up to 100.

Profit. Enjoy.
    fail grammar

Text

For goodness sakes, this is not my guide. It was by Lord Psye. Please stop blaming it on me.

Thank you captian Virk!

Retired player of Evony.
    +Rep me if I helped

(\__/)

Read my best story yet!

By posting it, you were making yourself kind of... responsible for it, though. If you found it so helpful that you wanted to share, you probably should have gone through and made it readable.

And I don't think anyone is 'blaming' you, they're just commenting on how incoherent the guide is. :P

LORDS - Server 85 ~ ★★ ~ Epitome - Server 100

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyBunny View Post
    <4:46>Empy: Woody, I'm so glad you speak Scottish! I don't know why we let foreigners in our alliance, though.

Text

Well, I am responsible you're correct. I just posted it here to see what the reviews would be. I guess since they're bad, I would like to ask a mod politely to delete this thread.

Thank you captian Virk!

Retired player of Evony.
    +Rep me if I helped

(\__/)

Read my best story yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ken Deathmarr View Post
    Well, I am responsible you're correct. I just posted it here to see what the reviews would be. I guess since they're bad, I would like to ask a mod politely to delete this thread.
    Hah, Yea this is my guide. I specifically didn't post it here because I hadn't edited it yet and it's not ready.

Thanks though.

For posting it when I hadn't finished it yet.

For a guide that is done - http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=76505

-Psye