Thread: Beginner Chat

Default Beginner Chat

Okay, here's what I think about Beginner chat. The only people that should be allowed to use it are people that are under Beginner Protection, and in-game moderators. Also, it shouldn't cost any speakers to use it.

There's already major spam in the Beginner Chat. Can you imagine how much worse it would get if it didn't cost speakers? It'd be insane!
    Server 5
    Host of =WAR=
    Part of the WAR family
    Family includes War, ~War~, =WAR= and -WAR-

Server 6
    Host of Raptors

there's a lot of spam in there cause you have ppl out of the protection trying to recruit ppl into alliances or just giving the new ppl a hard time.

Maybe a longer cooldown time in newb chat, but no speakers. Also, people need to learn how to whisper.

I'm mainly talking about the "cheat: 100000000000 lumber" and **** links and what not
    Server 5
    Host of =WAR=
    Part of the WAR family
    Family includes War, ~War~, =WAR= and -WAR-

Server 6
    Host of Raptors

well then they can add the word cheat to the filter list.

i too think they should put limit on who can use that chat, so the newly formed alliances get a chance, whit only low prestige member's, BTW 20k prestige and under protection is kinda normal.
    left for the dead...
    no longer playing or commenting stopped the 14. may.

Problem is I bet the majority of the newbs in there dont know they need and are using up speakers. And those that do arent going to tell them cause it uses a speaker.

At least it improves when a new server opens. Server 5 was awful yesterday morning but as soon as server 6 opened and all the new folks got directed there it rapidly improved.

I don't believe Speakers should be required full-stop; especially not for newbies. Whilst under beginner protection, chat should be free. How else are you going to learn? The forum helps with some things, but that requires research. Sometimes, veteran players can be a much bigger help. And while whisper is good; it's not always practical.