Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Heroes

intelligence and attack attributes when used on a mayor are complete rubish. i have switched heroes multiple times to increase my troop training and research time to no avail. each heroes largest attribute is +70 but only politics seems to do anythng. coplete rubish.

It isn't. Try putting a mayor in with 10 attack, look at the time it takes to train, then put in one with a higher attack and look at the time again.
    Lord Aderik Brogan, Knight of the Obsidian Rose

Member of the Reunited Kingdoms server 1
    Member of the WMD world 3

what does the hero level mean? what is the advantage of having a lv30 hero versus a lv10?

Cool Upgrading heroes

Currently I have a few lv 1-2 heroes with high attributes that are VERY cheap to keep on the payroll. I see no reason to upgrade them for now. I would only have to pay them more and they're still kicking @ss!

Not to mention, later on I can recruit heroes with even higher default attributes than these when I do need a few higher level heroes.

Just something to consider folks, heroes cost money!

cool. never knew these things until now :P

I wish it didnt take from the highest attrbiute when you redistribute

Default Intelligent hero for scout missions?

I read somewhere that heroes with high intelligence do a better job of leading scouting missions. Is this correct?

Excellent guide. I've watched research time go from 64 hours to 54 hours by switching in a smart mayor, and archer training go from 5 hours to 3.5 hours for 100 troops by switching in a guy how knows how to keep his guys in line. I don't even have very good heros yet, so I know how valuable getting a good commander is. The resource increases and building time decreases given by someone who knows how to handle civilian affairs are fantastic btw.

When my researcher isn't busy or I have a 'mayor in waiting' I send him out to do easy battles for extra xp. Farming barbarian cities is an excellent way to level up.

I don't know how people find such good starting guys though- The best I've found is someone with 68 for their high stat after subtracting lvl. I've been looking pretty obsessively too.

Quote Originally Posted by irefice View Post
    Currently I have a few lv 1-2 heroes with high attributes that are VERY cheap to keep on the payroll. I see no reason to upgrade them for now. I would only have to pay them more and they're still kicking @ss!

Not to mention, later on I can recruit heroes with even higher default attributes than these when I do need a few higher level heroes.

Just something to consider folks, heroes cost money!
    This might make sense for attack, and maybe even for intelligence (although the research time becomes huge at higher levels), but for heroes used as Mayors, not upgrading heroes in order to save money isn't exactly the best strategy.

If each point in politics increases resource production by 1% per hour at a cost of 20 more gold per hour, unless you're producing almost no resources, you would make more gold by selling that extra 1% of each resource than you'll save by not upgrading your hero one more level. Say, for example, that you're on Server 7, and the current market prices are:

Food 0.051
    Lumber 0.232
    Stone 0.089
    Iron 0.189

If you sell at those prices (reasonable for the market right now on server 7), in order to make 20 gold, you'll have to sell ~36 of each resource. With a boost of 1% per Politics point, this requires a base rate of ~3,600 for each resource. Thus, in this not uncommon case, unless resource production in the Mayor's city is lower than the rate given, it would be silly to not upgrade the hero under the pretence of saving gold, as you're trading another viable, more profitable source of income.

Just something else to consider...
    Last edited by Hirgon; 05-24-2009 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollbane View Post
    I think that a hero with evenly proportioned stats could be a viable option for mayor.
    The int, attk, politic bonuses would be nice for a developing city. You could also redistribute points to focus on specific bonuses when needed (assuming you have holy h2o). For example: if low on resources you could redistribute points to politics. If you are planning on an evening of raiding you can redistribute to attack.
    And that would be a terrible idea