Page 2 of 292 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Ocean OOC thread

Out of Character.
    You talk about the roleplay without using your characters.

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd

ohhh i see now

I'm fast that way lol. Here's the app if you're interested. Read as much or as less as the story as you want but if you do join, please follow along is all I ask.

Name;

Age;

Appearance; (Sorry, forgot.)

Race; (Anything from elves to some kind of alien are welcome since you will be heading out to space and all that.)

Class; (Again, anything is possible.)

Home planet or country;

History; (IMPORTANT!)

no im fine im just sorta wasting time

Ah, it's all good. I was gonna put that template there anyway in case other people did show up for the ride. See ya around thekid

You really didn't leave me much room to reply to your last post, Koops.

So is the earth ship a scout, exploration vessel, or colony ship?

To me it would make the most sense to make it an exploration vessel as it's always best to scout out a world before colonizing it.

An exploration vessel would likely range from heavy cruiser size to battleship sized.

Using realistic logistics, a heavy cruiser would be around 8 million cubic feet in volume, massing somewhere between 30,000 and 50,000 tons.

Battleship would be closer to 35 million cubic feet and 100,000 to 200,000 tons.

Keep in mind volume is very different than length. A ship can be longer or shorter depending on its shape.

I was pretty sure we said colony ship. The reason being, at least it made sense to me anyway at the time, because it's pretty much make or break back on Earth. They only had this one chance at a new home type thing so they'd send a giant ship rather than a small exploration vessel. Some of the greatest minds and fighters alike will be on this thing from all over the world. At least, that's what I was thinking at the time, but ideas change and adapt when needed of course.

I guess it could be a colony ship if you really wanted it to be, but it'd probably be easier for the story perspective if it's an exploration ship scouting out worlds for colonization.

The reason is an exploration vessel is likely to visit many worlds and interact with many different types of people rather than just stopping at the first one you find. That, and it would be quite foolish to send a colony ship into uncharted space... I would think the humans would be a bit more cautious than that.

I mentioned probes had been sent out ahead and they found suitable looking worlds elsewhere, and the colony ship is just going to one of them.
    Perhaps there are others in other places around Earth... sort of like a true exodus program would be...