Page 3 of 292 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Ocean OOC thread

Sounds good on both counts. I forgot that you had said that earlier Styles and more than one ship would make sense if they were trying to make room.

Other colony ships are more like NPCs and will not be mentioned again, as the plot is around the Harbinger, not the Archangel, the Century or the Seraphim

Colony ship might be a bit bigger than a battleship, then, but it'd also be very slow, very weakly defended, and very lightly armed. Basically, a giant cow walking slowly through the void of space.

Well we're not expecting any enemies/aliens along the way and we've got a warp drive...
    So it's not really our fault for the unexpected to turn up and cause havoc

Pretty much lol. Good metaphor there Holey.

You'd basically have practically nothing but passengers on board. Thousands of them. All civilians.

Personally, I think it would be more of a liability than an advantage for a dangerous quest, but that's my opinion.

You'd basically have practically nothing but passengers on board. Thousands of them. All civilians.
    It's a joint Military/Civillian operation. Captain John Smith is a Navy Captain, not a Civillian Captain.
    I mentioned earlier that when a fight broke out on the ship, several MPs broke it up.

There's a good contingent of soldiers, to maintain order and control when the time comes.

Very well then, I suggest the first thing to happen is some space pirates yank you out of space while you're on route to your destination, cripple your vessel, and force you to land on some completely uncharted world.

I was thinking the first world we visit is covered in dinosaurs, but pirates could work too... or a First Contact scenario... Black Hole disrupts the Warp...

Me and Styles had actually talked about going to an uncharted world but I hadn't mentioned the pirates to him or anyone else yet. I like the idea myself though. First Contact scenario?