Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guide On Attacking

Text Guide On Attacking

How To Force A Leader To Quit An Alliance:

Now, you're probably wondering. Um, how do I do this? It's simple, I just did it to a guy couple of minutes ago. First, you scout him. Most important part in attacking, if he has a lot of honor. Make sure to send a high intel hero and couple thousand scouts. Then, analyze and evaluate the scout report and send your army. Make sure you attack him constantly, sometimes he will not delete the alliance and sometimes he will.

Now, this is why he will quit the alliance possibilities.

1.Is tired of an alliance attacking him and does not want a war

2.Feels he cannot run the alliance.

Now these are just possibilities.

Short Reference On Attacking Players:

Now I said short, did I not? So do not expect BIG explaining here, just expect a short reference.

1.Scout the defender time to time (unless he is you)

Why scout time to time? Here are the reasons.

1.May have increased loyalty

2.May have a garrison or building troops

3.May be building wall defenses or upgrading walls

How To Find Out How Gates Are Closed and Opened:

Now I know some of you may know this, but this could be helpful to noobs.

1.Your scouts die or yours win a fight engaged by his scouts.

2.Some of your troops die when you attacked by his troops.

3.He may have not built troops in his last report but has a garrison ready.

4.Has a lot of honor(not a high guarantee for lower players, but for higher ones.)

Why Open or Close Gates:

Now this is personally based on your decision, but I'll just give some reasons why you might want to.

Open Gates:

1.To repel an attack

2.High garrison to defeat the enemy

3.Want to lose some honor

4.Want to gain some honor

Close Gates:

1.Preserve army

2.Know you'll be outnumbered

3.Not to let the enemy be more happier by killing your troops and gain more honor(I guess that's good)

I will add more to this guide, it may seem short. But Isn't that what I put in the title?

[/SIZE]

Thank you captian Virk!

Retired player of Evony.
    +Rep me if I helped

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Read my best story yet!
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=97171

Truly and honestly this an some what an OK guide, but dark brady's guide on combat mechanics covers all of this and a whole lot more... Making this guide useless to anyone unfortunately. (Hey if you put something in it that's not in dark brady's guide then your good! )
    What the mods said will happen to these guides:

We will also be locking and archiving outdated and duplicate guides on the same issue. The only exception to this is if both guides hold relevant info to the topic that it expresses that the other does not contain or if the guide is already heavily used by the community.
    Last edited by captian virk; 12-01-2009 at 03:34 PM.
    Retired Writer Dude

"People can be whoever they want on the internet, but so many choose to be dumb."

high intel hero for scouting missions? no. use an attack hero, not your best tho.

Text

Quote Originally Posted by captian virk View Post
    Truly and honestly this an some what an OK guide, but dark brady's guide on combat mechanics covers all of this and a whole lot more... Making this guide useless to anyone unfortunately. (Hey if you put something in it that's not in dark brady's guide then your good! )
    What the mods said will happen to these guides:

Virk, I always PM my guides and stories to Lord Arumen. He said that this guide is fine. So I doubt it'll be closed, my guide wasn't meant to be like Brady's.

Thank you captian Virk!

Retired player of Evony.
    +Rep me if I helped

(\__/)

Read my best story yet!

guide on anything? u stealing my thunder boy!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Honor:1040394
    Server:48 VALORX fficer
    Prestige:740k+
    Ranking:1097
    Title: Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ken Deathmarr View Post
    Virk, I always PM my guides and stories to Lord Arumen. He said that this guide is fine. So I doubt it'll be closed, my guide wasn't meant to be like Brady's.
    I know that you didn't en tend for it to be like that, but it just kinda seemed like that to me... Anyways good luck!

~Virk
    Retired Writer Dude

"People can be whoever they want on the internet, but so many choose to be dumb."

Text Part 2:Range

As you can tell range has an effect on weapons. So if another unit has more range than the other, it is more likely to win, but can just eliminate it more. So you may not know how the ranged units work in battle, here is a picture to give you an idea from theevonywiki. I got this from theevonywiki, I never stole it.

Walls:

Walls always count in battle, whether it is opening gates or closing gates. Walls are back-ups that can help repel attacks that are much larger than yours. Each upgrade of the walls, an increase of range, walls get higher and more durable, and durability increases. Each upgrade of the walls, gives a 5% upgrade to archery and archer towers. And each archery level helps increase in range too.

The higher walls are important, it means it is much harder for the enemy to get past that they need to send siege weapons even. The first walls are like jumping over a fence, then later, it's like trying to get over castle walls.

Durability is important, it's like how much life and defense a wall has combined together. That's why your troops attack it to get past it. So the higher durability, the more life and defense it will have. You can also increase durability with engineering by 10% each upgrade.

Walls are really back-ups, so lets say your gates are closed. Your wall units will always be first, then if they're wiped out, your walls will serve as your troops or back-ups. This is only when gates are closed. When your gates are open, your wall units will be first then the army. Then if the units get wiped out, your army will follow in attacking the enemy. Then if your army gets wiped out, your walls will be your extra army or back-up.

Troop Range:

I know i've psoted this before, but I'm posting it again because it fits with the topic.

Infantry Range
    Worker 10
    Warrior 20
    Swordsman 30
    Pikeman 50
    Archer 1200

Horse Range
    Cataphract 80
    Cavalry 100

Mechanics/Siege Engines Range
    Battering Ram 600
    Ballista 1400
    Catapult 1500

City Defences Range
    Traps 5000
    Abatis 5000
    Archer's Towers 1300
    Rolling Logs 1300
    Defensive Trebuchets
    Last edited by Lord Ken Deathmarr; 12-02-2009 at 03:10 PM.

Thank you captian Virk!

Retired player of Evony.
    +Rep me if I helped

(\__/)

Read my best story yet!

That is a really cool picture, Ken Deathmarr.

Text

Quote Originally Posted by hochunknation View Post
    That is a really cool picture, Ken Deathmarr.
    Why thank you. I posted it because some people do not know how a unit's range works in a battle. I'll post more to range.

Thank you captian Virk!

Retired player of Evony.
    +Rep me if I helped

(\__/)

Read my best story yet!

Nice picture steal of the Evony Wiki, Ken.
    Last edited by Tricky Boy; 12-02-2009 at 03:00 PM.
    No One Knows Your Name

Officer of BAMF, Server 124
    Quote Originally Posted by trogdor1316 View Post
    I find it ironic that these spambots find it easier to post in the right section than most people with 1 post.
    NA4LIFE