Thread: Game changes of utmost importance

Default Game changes of utmost importance

Glaring bugs and loopholes ruin the game currently. I don't know why the game was made live before fixing.

Level 5 barb towns have way too much gold for their level. Exploiting is supposed to be against rules and top players openly farm several of these at a time over and over. Ban the cheaters.

Researches disappearing and raid resources disappear every restart and crash. Find some way to store these so people don't lose their hard work.

Combat is borked make it so archers shoot multiple types of guys and melee guys will only leave so many men behind to kill 1 unit and the rest go attack a new stack.

Add the medal changes so lower level players can advance. It is near impossible at the moment.

Certain cash shop items are over powered. Tone them down so a free player can in some way compete even if the item provides an advantage. A town with no scripts cannot even remotely compete with a town with a handful of scripts. All techs should be researchable with no scripts and all types of attack units should be available without scripts.

Teleporters are far too good. Make it so teleporting a town puts it on a week long cooldown and newly conquered villages cannot be teleported for at least a day. Similarly make it so newly conquered valleys cannot be abadoned for a day. Its insanely easy to take over and abandon all the valleys a player has without even fighting and they have to fight a bunch of new NPCs.

Change it so scouts solo cannot lower the loyalty on a village and add in some function to siege weapons (rams physically lowering wall level and catapults busting up some buildings). Make horse troops more useful (pikemen are also poor but if horsemen were useful they would become decent).

I forgot one. Fix the hiding resources on the market thing. It makes no sense you offer something on the market and it disappears into magic land? Simply change it so that placing an offer on the market keeps the goods in your storage until the items are sold. Similarly don't subtract the gold until an item is purchased.
    Last edited by Samsol; 05-12-2009 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsol View Post
    Glaring bugs and loopholes ruin the game currently. I don't know why the game was made live before fixing.
    True. And yet I still love this game.

Combat is borked make it so archers shoot multiple types of guys and melee guys will only leave so many men behind to kill 1 unit and the rest go attack a new stack.
    I agree. See 'combat issues'

Teleporters are far too good. Make it so teleporting a town puts it on a week long cooldown and newly conquered villages cannot be teleported for at least a day. Similarly make it so newly conquered valleys cannot be abadoned for a day. Its insanely easy to take over and abandon all the valleys a player has without even fighting and they have to fight a bunch of new NPCs.
    Well I like the part I put in bold. Stealing a village like this is cruel.

Change it so scouts solo cannot lower the loyalty on a village and add in some function to siege weapons (rams physically lowering wall level and catapults busting up some buildings). Make horse troops more useful (pikemen are also poor but if horsemen were useful they would become decent).
    Horsemen are actually very powerful. The reason they die is because they are always the first into battle, since they move so fast. The enemy can target only them for several rounds. This is why you may have also fought a battle and lost no warriros but alot of better troops. Warriors are the slowest units, besides siege.