Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Guide

The Evony Glossary

Thanks goes to Jaq. Original guide posted here: http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=88358

Source: http://jnmoves.com/blog/?page_id=218

Ambush: To intercept an enemy force with additional defensive troops in a manner undetected by the attacker.
    Example: "He tried to ambush her, but she saw it coming and recalled her troops."

Archbow: An army primarily made up of archers, accompanied by small numbers of other units meant to slow down enemy units in combat.
    Example: "She made a great effort toward teaching the new players how to use archbows when attacking."

AT: An abbreviated form of "archer tower."
    Example: "Well, all his at's were killed by the last attack."

Att: An abbreviated form of the hero stat "attack."
    Example: "We need to show him how to level his hero so he'll have one with a good att."

B'listers: Slang for "ballistae," the plural form of "ballista."
    Example: "After raising his archery level high enough, he was able to make B'listers."

Ballis: An abbreviated form of "ballistae," the plural form of "ballista."
    Example: "He made some ballis to attack non-player cities."

Balls: An abbreviated form of "ballistae," the plural form of "ballista."
    Example: "She decided to make some balls to defend her towns."

Barb (noun): Slang for a non-player city.
    Example: "The first thing he teaches new players to do, is to make their own barbs."

Barb (verb): To transform a player city into a non-player city by abandoning it.
    Example: "After she conquered the town, she barbed it."

Barbie: Slang for an non-player city.
    Example: "She's new at the game, so she hasn't conquered a level 10 barbie yet."

Bats: Abbreviated version of "battering rams."
    Example: "He was having trouble getting through the enemy defenses, so he began making rams."

Camp: To use the camp time feature in Evony which allows a player to synchronize multiple attacks and delay troop movement.
    Example: "He camped so he could he could attack all four of her towns at once."

Cap: The act of conquering a town from another player by attacking it when its loyalty is at zero.
    Example: "Wow, the enemy capped our town before we could even get near it with reinforcements."

Catas: An abbreviated form of "cataphracts." Can sometimes refer to "catapults" as well.
    Example: "Looking through the scout reports, he began form an attack plan for his catas."

Cav: An abbreviated form of the word "cavalry."
    Example: "Keep sending cav at that city 'til its loyalty drops to zero."

CL: An abbreviated form of "coordinates list."
    Example: "After finding juicy target, he saved it to his CL."

Coords: An abbreviated form of "coordinates."
    Example: "He wanted to know where he was located, so he checked the coords."

Farm: A term for another player or players town with resources that are easily accessible to other players. Not to be confused with the resource field of the same name.
    Example: "Ever since that new guy quit, his towns have been farms for the enemy."

Hbr: An abbreviated form of "horseback riding."
    Example: "He sent cavalry, but they were too slow due to his low hbr."

Hit: Slang for attacking.
    Example: "I'd like to hit some enemy towns today."

Honor: A point measurement system used for ranking in Evony. Can only be gained through combat or scout battles with other players. Affects wounded ratio.
    Example: "After crushing their alliance, he had the highest honor on the server."

Horses: Slang for "cavalry" and/or "cataphracts."
    Example: "No, he doesn't attack much with his horses, he seems to think they're good for defense."

Int: A shortened form of the hero stat "intelligence."
    Example: "He wanted faster research time so he worked at leveling his int hero."

Layers: Small numbers of different kinds of troops added to a town or attacking army to slow enemy movement in combat.
    Example: "All his layers made your archers waste rounds while his archers killed yours."

NPC: Stands for "non-player city."
    Example: "He made a bunch of NPC's around his city, at the advice of his alliance."

Padding: Small numbers of different kinds of troops added to a town or attacking army to slow enemy movement in combat.
    Example: "You lost that battle because the other guy had much more padding."

Phracts: An abbreviated form of "cataphracts."
    Example: "Since he'd never tried them before, he made some phracts to toy with."

Pikes: A shortened version of "pikemen."
    Examples: "He made some pikes to counter enemy cavalry."

Pol: A shortened version of "politics," it generally refers to the hero stat.
    Example: "Her new hero had high politics, so she made him mayor."

Ponies: Slang for "cavalry" and/or "cataphracts."
    Example: "Poor fool, all his ponies died on my walls."

Port: A shortened form of "teleport."
    Example: "They ported some cities in last night."

Prestige: A point measurement system used for ranking in Evony. Can be gained through nearly any action except those taken directly against or for other players.
    Example: "He was building like a madman, hoping to get his prestige high enough to put him near the top."

Pults: A shortened form of "catapults."
    Example: "She made pults to improve her defenses."

PVP: An abbreviated form of "player versus player."
    Example: "He's good at the economic portions of the game, but I don't think he's all that great at pvp."

Rainbow: Small numbers of different kinds of troops added to a town or attacking army to slow enemy movement in combat.
    Example: "She used rainbows in every attack she sent."

Rams: Shortened form of "battering rams."
    Example: "When she saw a massive army of rams coming at her, she panicked, then asked for help."

Rax: Slang for "barracks." It can refer to either the building type or towns made primarily for the purpose of producing troops.
    Example: "He's spitting out archers like crazy from his rax."

Reds: Slang for enemy towns which appear with red flags on the game map.
    Example: "Could we declare more wars so I'll have some reds nearby to attack?"

Reins: An abbreviated form of the word "reinforcements."
    Example: "Her alliance sent reins to her, but they didn't reach in time."

Res: A shortened version of the word "resources."
    Example: "He had plenty of res in that town, so I don't know why he didn't make more troops."

Rp: Abbreviated form of "rally point."
    Example: "She wanted to send a larger army, but he rp was too low a level."

Rs: An abbreviated form of "relief station."
    Example: "Unfortunately, his rs was too low for his reinforcements to reach her in time."

Scout Bomb: An attack involving only or primarily scouts meant to kill defending troops.
    Example: "I attacked him with so many scout bombs he had nothing left."

Spears: Slang for "pikemen."
    Example: "He sincerely hoped he had enough spears to block the incoming cavalry attack."

Swords: A shortened form of "swordsmen."
    Example: "Looking at the reports, he couldn't for the life of him figure out why his enemy had so many swords."

Suicides: Small waves of expendable troops meant to remove fortifications and/or layers.
    Example: "She decided to send several waves of suicides before the main force in order to reduce her enemy's massive number of traps."

Supplies: Slang for "resources."
    Example: "When she attacked you, did she take all your supplies?"

Teletack: To use a teleport to get closer to a target or targets with the intention of attacking them.
    Example: "He teletacked their alliance host last night and crushed his towns."

Trans: A shortened form of "transporters."
    Example: "Wait 'til my trans get back and I'll send you some resources."

Valley: Any non-city map location, which is manifested as flats, lakes, grasslands, swamps, hills, deserts, and forests.
    Example: "She took his valleys to annoy him."

Wave (noun): An army marching towards a destination either to attack or reinforce it. Often used in plural.
    Example: "He sent numerous waves and still couldn't break her defense."

Wave (verb): To send multiple attacks at a single target.
    Example: "The defenses in his town are down, she just needs to wave it down to zero loyalty."

Wipe: To eliminate all troops, archer towers, and some or all defenses in a town or attacking wave.
    Example: "Now that she's wiped that town, there's nothing to stop her from taking all its resources."

Zero: Forcing the loyalty of an enemy's town down to zero through numerous attacks.
    Example: "As soon as he goes offline, I'm going to zero his town."

Contributors:

Jaq
    TinyJon
    Huri
    Tricky Boy
    Inferus Sus
    DethShock
    KOOPS95
    Baltezar
    Rodri
    LaBella
    Last edited by captian virk; 12-18-2009 at 04:37 PM.
    Retired Writer Dude

"People can be whoever they want on the internet, but so many choose to be dumb."

first!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Partay View Post
    first!!!!!!!
    Dude virk was first, and second, and third...

You are 12th

Anyways, this seems to be turning out nicely, can't wait to see the things that isn't added yet.

I got a problem with your guide you state that huge numbers of wall defenses are needed to be effective in defending your cities. but the simple fact is even 1 of every wall defense unit with a reasonable army behind it can be just as deadly. newer players reading your guide might get the wrong idea for example ,and not build abatis and only focus on archer towers. Leaving them extremely vulnerable to cavalry waves.

other then that fairly decent guide.

He said don't reply!

Everyone! you can replt now! I have all the space I need.
    Retired Writer Dude

"People can be whoever they want on the internet, but so many choose to be dumb."

Ok dude where is the credits? I don't see a single original part to the guide.

If you are going to chart the research at least set it up to know what it costs etc. Little things like that. Make it useful, info not stuff I could get by playing the game.

My 2c

I must agree with Cal. It is a really nicely laid out guide, and you did good work in gathering info, and compiling data, and crunching numbers, and whatnot. But try to give some credit to folks who did a lot of the work.

Otherwise, it's well done, and a nice, uncluttered reference.

9. Default

One thing. You say you do not need ANY quarries. That is not true, since starting out, you need at least 1 quarry at lvl 2 to level up your walls.
    Quit.

Sorry everyone... I have not yet Posted the credits yet like the other things I still need to do and correct. Thanks For making me look like crap when the guide isn't even finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal Tigre View Post
    Ok dude where is the credits? I don't see a single original part to the guide.

If you are going to chart the research at least set it up to know what it costs etc. Little things like that. Make it useful, info not stuff I could get by playing the game.

My 2c
    That's Just sad because the game tells you the cost... but it does not tell you the pros and cons of it... Apparently you have just started this game and is very new to it.

Also everything that's not mine is mentioned in the guide so really there is no need for credits... But I will make one anyways. And this is original stuff so go away and don't come back till you know what your talking about.

One last thing! I want a big thanks for lord ken doing a section on taxes and loyalty!
    Last edited by captian virk; 12-15-2009 at 02:50 PM.
    Retired Writer Dude