Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: iSpy: How to Catch Spies

Default iSpy: How to Catch Spies

iSpy: How to Catch Spies

So you're alliance is getting hit hard by the enemy and it's always when your member is offline. The enemy knows every time you reinforce and acts accordingly. In short: you are being hammered. Well, you might have a spy on your hands. You can find out who is a spy in a few steps. It's actually not very hard, just requires a bit of luck.

Questions to Ask Yourself:
    1 - Is your alliance being attacked by just one person from the enemy alliance?
    2 - Around what time do all the attacks begin and end?
    3 - Where are your alliance members located in relation to the enemy?

After you have asked yourself these questions, you can begin to root around and look for the spy.

Step 1: Ask your Enemy!
    Half the time, your enemy host will be as honorable as you. He will assist in your search for the spy. Most spying is done without the host?s knowledge. The enemy host can just listen to members of his alliance brag about the spy and then tell you.
    *Please note: He is still your enemy even though he may help you.

Step 2: Who is Online When the Attacks Hit?
    One job of a spy is to relay online times to the enemy. Whenever your alliance starts getting hit, make sure you take note of anyone who came on within the last thirty minutes (this can be done from the Members tab of the Alliance page).

If any of the "suspect spies" are chatters, listen to what they say. Keep note of when they go offline. Spies will never go offline in the middle of an important operation!

Step 3: He isn't Getting Hit!
    Who isn't getting hit? If your alliance is getting hammered all except for one member, isn't that curious? If he's rank 1 on the server, okay, that's acceptable. But what if he's your Average Joe Smoe? Then he should be getting nailed as bad as everyone else. Check his cities and see how many enemies are close to him. If there are any within 25 miles, whisper (never mail) them and ask them if that member is a spy.

Step 4: Confrontation
    Everyone has a conscience and are afraid of being caught doing something wrong. After you have found some evidence, confront the bloody spy! Seven out of ten times they will fess up their crime and beg for forgiveness.

After you have found your spy...get creative.
    The more the light shines through me
    I pretend to close my eyes
    The more the dark consumes me
    I pretend I'm burning, burning bright

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrozen View Post
    Seven out of ten times they will fess up their crime and beg for forgiveness.
    That's eerily accurate...

Very good!!!
    Phoenix alliance
    Officer
    Wn1 server
    Please,+Rep me

This is good, but also remember, there are those who will log in right after reset, and stay online all day... I don't know about anyone else, but we rarely announce when we go offline, and there's no way to know if someone is online or afk.

Also, I have noticed that spies tend to attack their own alts.. That's a good indicator. If you see the same two people attacking each other back and forth, and your guy hardly ever attacks anyone else... He's probably a spy, especially if there are other enemies about the same rank in the area.

One thing I do to combat spies is insist on everyone announcing themselves when they come online, and participate in chat. I don't care how good or bad your english is, you must make an effort to talk in chat.

Nice guide, + rep. But I've spied before, and it's easy to get off lol ;]
    Ram - Catapult + Ram/Cataphract x Calvary -((-Archer) Cataphract) + Warrior^2 x Pikemen^3 - Worker(Swordmen)/Transporter + Ballista((-Scout)(Cataphract - Calvary^2)Archer) - Cataphract^7 = Horsebow.
    [omkitshuy]: anyone worth recruiting is a person worth farming
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...32#post1391632

Spying is Not a hard thing

Quote Originally Posted by kool.walky View Post
    Spying is Not a hard thing
    LOL, it is VERY easy to do, and posting this, will just help those who do, to avoid making those mistakes, thus making them practically proof against these suggestions.
    Awaiting sig from the only raven with wings...
    Error: DeadKnight's sig is to awesome for you to view right now..

Spying is an art. Those that are good don't ever get caught but must live with the web of lies and deception they create along with their false friendships and if they have any feelings at all the guilt behind what they are really doing. Those that aren't so good will be caught and will pay the ultimate price no matter what alliance they join.

Meh. I couldn't spy, and hate lying, so I'd just tell them, "Hey, I'm a spy." Btw, I too never announce when I'm logging off anymore :P . And I also whisper my coor.
    ~If you expect the unexpected, then the expected that you didn't expect will ambush and destroy you.
    Server: SS8
    Alliance: dYnOmItE
    Honor: 3mil, down from 7mil.
    Evony Profession: Tactician/Stress Reliever

Quote Originally Posted by atrakaj View Post
    Meh. I couldn't spy, and hate lying, so I'd just tell them, "Hey, I'm a spy." Btw, I too never announce when I'm logging off anymore :P . And I also whisper my coor.
    There are other ways to find coords
    The more the light shines through me
    I pretend to close my eyes
    The more the dark consumes me
    I pretend I'm burning, burning bright