Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: iSpy: How to Catch Spies

Default Reply

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrozen View Post
    There are other ways to find coords
    All you have to do is look in WR. It may take awhile to find all coords but they will be there at some point. Any other methods do tell

Default Spy

In about ten minutes a spy can cause massive damage to an alliance. As soon as they get in, just go to battle reports and start copying cords

1. If you don't know how to get coords without spying, you're a terrible alliance.

2. If knowing your alliances coords will hurt you, you're a terrible alliance.

3. If your troop counts are so bad that knowing them will hurt you, you're a terrible alliance.

4. If you're stupid enough to talk openly in blue chat about your attack strategy, timing, and targets, you're a terrible alliance.

5. If you are sitting around trying to figure out who your spy is instead of just playing the game, you're a terrible host

Spies are useless. If you're a good alliance, a strong alliance, with strong players and no weak hangers on, you won't have to worry about spies. If you have weak players that can be pwn'd by a spy, good riddance. They were just dragging you down anyway. Strong players don't mind having company drop by. Strong players LIKE to be attacked. Strong players can't be broken without a concentrated effort from a whole alliance working together, which would mean the spy served no purpose. Mostly, strong players don't need spies, we have enough people that are afraid that will give up info on their own alliance just to save their own behinds.

Quit worrying who your spies are and get strong enough that it doesn't matter anymore.
    Who am I is the question? Who am I to question? Who questions me?

Quote Originally Posted by imajyn View Post
    1. If you don't know how to get coords without spying, you're a terrible alliance.

2. If knowing your alliances coords will hurt you, you're a terrible alliance.

3. If your troop counts are so bad that knowing them will hurt you, you're a terrible alliance.

4. If you're stupid enough to talk openly in blue chat about your attack strategy, timing, and targets, you're a terrible alliance.

5. If you are sitting around trying to figure out who your spy is instead of just playing the game, you're a terrible host

Spies are useless. If you're a good alliance, a strong alliance, with strong players and no weak hangers on, you won't have to worry about spies. If you have weak players that can be pwn'd by a spy, good riddance. They were just dragging you down anyway. Strong players don't mind having company drop by. Strong players LIKE to be attacked. Strong players can't be broken without a concentrated effort from a whole alliance working together, which would mean the spy served no purpose. Mostly, strong players don't need spies, we have enough people that are afraid that will give up info on their own alliance just to save their own behinds.

Quit worrying who your spies are and get strong enough that it doesn't matter anymore.
    I think you're right but the main damage that a spy can do to an alliance is if they somehow win their trust, get promoted and boot most of the people. Sure, you could just invite them all back and you'd know who the spy is, but if you made the spy host then you're going to have to make a new alliance.

I'f I'm a noob and a noob is better than nobody and nobody's perfect, then a noob is better than perfect. Right?

Silver - SS29

Default newer members are vulnerable

its easy to say spies cant harm strong players but they certainly can screw with the avg to players and newcomers.I believe spies are a rarity maybe 1/100 but theyre definitly out there.I like the idea of posting known spies names on the alliance info page so the info is public
    Furthormore most spies are just weiners themselves with very little strength,hence the reason they spy because they have no skill ,and this makes it pretty easy to pick them out.Watch for newer members constantly asking for coords or for resources or RIs .They think theyre smart but this technique is a dead giveaway