Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: iSpy: How to Catch Spies

This is really sad the number of people that fear spies in their alliance to the point that they cannot say good-bye or good night to each other or worry about posting thier cords in alliance chat! It makes me more and more thankful every day that my alliance has chose to selectively recruit rather than place a prestige requirement or a goal of 100 members. Quality over Quantity!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetP View Post
    This is really sad the number of people that fear spies in their alliance to the point that they cannot say good-bye or good night to each other or worry about posting thier cords in alliance chat! It makes me more and more thankful every day that my alliance has chose to selectively recruit rather than place a prestige requirement or a goal of 100 members. Quality over Quantity!
    *shrug* When we started playing on new server, we had that as well. We only have 53 members, and yet are ranked 14 so far, and going up. Meh, I say goodnight to this group :P .
    ~If you expect the unexpected, then the expected that you didn't expect will ambush and destroy you.
    Server: SS8
    Alliance: dYnOmItE
    Honor: 3mil, down from 7mil.
    Evony Profession: Tactician/Stress Reliever

I always say goodnight, I don't care. It tells my alliance mates that I need backup in case I'm attacked (we are always going through war reports)

War reports is how you get coordinates anyways heh...

I always confess when I'm done, and then I say I work for my enemies :P

Another idea is planting false information. Just tell in that that you go visit your aunt, go to school,work, bed etc and wont be on the next 12h. Logon 30min later...if then its YOU having all the attacks coming on you, its likely that the spy was among these online when you left before.
    Or tell that you have sent all your army on a attack on a target 2h away so you are defenseless right now. Then when you get attacked you recall them from that adjacent valley they camped in
    Preferably do this when there are only few ppl online in alliance, then it might be easier to guess who submitted the false info to the enemy.

One of my personal favorites has to be "grids" You divide your members into the grids, if there within a square of co ords they get put into there, those people in that grid are the only ones to talk about that attack, sometimes the attack order will be given by the (Vice)Host and if not then its relayed to one of them, if spying about attacks is breaking out then you will have a rough idea on were the info leak is coming from, once that happens you divide them into smaller groups if possible until your left with 2-3 in each grid, you'll catch that spy out in next to no time, especial if you feed each one in the grid a different piece of info that wont contradict the other pieces of info in case theres more than 1 spy in that grid

nice guide
    [System]: Alliance KING declares war against alliance kings. Diplomatic Relationship between each other alters to Hostile automatically.

(\_/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Help bunny get world domination by copying and pasting him to your signature.

Easy way to root out a spy, create some bait, and wait. 90% effective, make a small town from scratch and fake a group mail. if you suspect Member X is a spy, send this them this message after you know they are online.

"Hello everybody, this is <playername>, and I have a favor to ask, I have recently built a city at <xxx,yyy> and need some supplies, it is a bit too far from my main city, because this will be a attack base against <enemy alliance>, so If you are anywhere near, please send me anything you can and I will pay you back asap."

Soon after Mailing this, say "ok all, i have to leave for a while, bbl" or "im beat, good night all".

Stay on for a few hours and see if you get attacked, if you do, that player is the spy.

Alternate way is to have a group of well trusted, well defended members give you their coords (if u dont already have them). This plan also needs a spy in the alliance you think your spy is from. Start to give some of the suspected players these coords, if your spy is any good, they will be one of the ppl that are entrusted with enemy coords, just see whom gets attacked, and then you have your spy.
    Retired from Evony.

An ode to cookies, tho they were never free, the memory of their sweetness will always be within me.

RIP cookies.

As the golden orb falls out of the sky
    As we now say our final goodbyes
    our gaze is downcast
    Fallen fast
    Here lies Karma2
    Dead at last

What I find more sad, is that people have to resort to spying, i.e. cheating, in order to get an edge at this game. Yes, spying is a part of real war, but this isn't real, it's a game, so why do folks have to resort to this low level tactic in the name of fun?

Quote Originally Posted by jahfra View Post
    What I find more sad, is that people have to resort to spying, i.e. cheating, in order to get an edge at this game. Yes, spying is a part of real war, but this isn't real, it's a game, so why do folks have to resort to this low level tactic in the name of fun?
    *shrug* As much as I dislike spies, I disagree with this statement. Spying is actually pretty high-level, and requires a great amount of thought, memory, and acting skills.
    ~If you expect the unexpected, then the expected that you didn't expect will ambush and destroy you.
    Server: SS8
    Alliance: dYnOmItE
    Honor: 3mil, down from 7mil.
    Evony Profession: Tactician/Stress Reliever