View Poll Results: Was this good info?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    17 39.53%
  • no

    26 60.47%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Guide for the best city?

  1. #11

    Default

    Ummm.... you might want an academy in there too? Unless you plan to attack everyone using lvl 0 techs.
    Dserker
    Server 72
    1,600,000+ Prestige
    Rank 58 and rising!
    10,000,000+ Honor thanks to ONE and Robin_Hood for their generosity with their troops, couldn't have reached this milestone without you LOL
    +Rep me. You know you want to.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    13

    Default

    LET THE BUNNY LIVE, lol.

    ______________________________________
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

  3. #13

    Default

    Oh and with regard to warehouses...if you don't lose you don't need them.
    Dserker
    Server 72
    1,600,000+ Prestige
    Rank 58 and rising!
    10,000,000+ Honor thanks to ONE and Robin_Hood for their generosity with their troops, couldn't have reached this milestone without you LOL
    +Rep me. You know you want to.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    84

    Default

    i disagree with a bunch of your comments, that is because having a warehouse will just take up useless place. wouldnt you want an alliance that help by bringing food with em? wh isnt gona let the troop eat more then an hour which i think is pointless. about 40 sawmills - if you've ever saw the prices wood prices are always higher therefore you make more iron by selling wood. Having half iron and wood is pointless. it will only decrese in production because getting both valley wuld be really pointless. and also for marketplace , you should really have onnly 1 that's because i keep my cities closeby. As for having accadmemy that's a must!
    Fight when you can win, avoid if you cant win
    sun tzu

    life is full of disapointment

    it's life you can't blame it

    i'm just unlucky

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godg View Post
    As i have seen there is a lot of useless guide out there on this fourm so i've decided to make one
    ....so u've decided to make a useless guide? Well done. Congrats.
    .........another fine post by ian

  6. #16

    Default

    This is a good and short guide
    You forgot to add academy there though.
    And maybe add the pro and cons of warehouse/market and explain putting production to 0 before queueing troops.

  7. #17

    Default

    Ok this one is gonna take awhile, but here it goes
    Quote Originally Posted by Godg View Post
    i disagree with a bunch of your comments, that is because having a warehouse will just take up useless place. wouldnt you want an alliance that help by bringing food with em? wh isnt gona let the troop eat more then an hour which i think is pointless. about 40 sawmills - if you've ever saw the prices wood prices are always higher therefore you make more iron by selling wood. Having half iron and wood is pointless. it will only decrese in production because getting both valley wuld be really pointless. and also for marketplace , you should really have onnly 1 that's because i keep my cities closeby. As for having accadmemy that's a must!
    First argument, READ THE POST
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfire omega View Post
    One warehouse is advised, put 100% food storage and then if someone tries to take your city without the privateering tech you will have food to disaster relief every 15 min, This is especially useful when you are the only member of your alliance that is on or the transport takes a while. and if you are gonna make the "best" city, with 40 sawmills, why do you say a marketplace is optional? You will need to sell that lumber and buy some iron and sometimes, and this is maybe once every month or so, stone. I would suggest making it 20/20 ironmine/sawmill because half the time one is higher in the market than the other, but rarley is anything else even half the price as the server ages.
    Second argument WRONG want proof? here are some pics from my three servers and a server I am watching for a friend on vacation in the Bahamas. ('Vacation' is his wives way of saying NO COMPUTERS) If you will notice, only one of them the sell price is lower for Iron, but in none of the 4 servers, is the buy price of lumber higher than iron. Don't try to tell me that lumber is ALWAYS higher than iron, I know what I am talking about, I play the market daily.

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetP View Post

    I agree, unless you have one city for lumber and another for Iron. I also think that a market in at least one city is a must and a warehouse in each one should be encouraged... that is unless you plan on playing 24/7 (impossible) or use a bot (against TOS and hope you get banned if you do).

    Personally I think using one city of lumber and one for iron is better, that way you can focus on having valleys that are Forests for you lumber city and valleys that are Hills for you iron city.
    I wholeheartedly agree, but I am the unluckiest guy the world has ever seen when It comes to Rose Medals, and I only have one city on most of my accounts so that I can make NPC's and conquer enemy cities, so I am kinda forced to have half/half due to the market changes in iron and lumber, but as it is, I can exchange half a days produce in both and gain a weeks supply in food, while still training massive amounts of troops.

    EDIT: Due to the size limit and file number limit on this site, I will need to embed the screen shots, please bear with me as I upload them into photobucket, thank you.
    EDIT: Embedding also adds to the limit, so only 4/post in the interst of keeping each server together.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (91.9 KB, 30 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (90.6 KB, 25 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (87.1 KB, 22 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (88.4 KB, 23 views)
    Last edited by shadowfire omega; 12-31-2009 at 09:17 AM.
    Retired from Evony.

    An ode to cookies, tho they were never free, the memory of their sweetness will always be within me.

    RIP cookies.

    As the golden orb falls out of the sky
    As we now say our final goodbyes
    our gaze is downcast
    Fallen fast
    Here lies Karma2
    Dead at last

  8. #18

    Default

    Sorry bout the double post, only a certain number of attachments allowed per post, even it embedded.... here are the last 4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (90.4 KB, 11 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (89.6 KB, 9 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (88.5 KB, 7 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (90.6 KB, 8 views)
    Retired from Evony.

    An ode to cookies, tho they were never free, the memory of their sweetness will always be within me.

    RIP cookies.

    As the golden orb falls out of the sky
    As we now say our final goodbyes
    our gaze is downcast
    Fallen fast
    Here lies Karma2
    Dead at last

  9. #19

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Dserker View Post
    Oh and with regard to warehouses...if you don't lose you don't need them.
    Just for that post, you can have +Rep..So true!
    'The remnants of an enemy can become active like those of a disease or fire. Hence, these should be exterminated completely....
    One should never ignore an enemy, knowing him to be weak. He becomes dangerous in due course, like the spark of fire in a haystack.'

    Kautilya, Indian Philosopher,
    Third Century B.C.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dserker View Post
    Oh and with regard to warehouses...if you don't lose you don't need them.
    and as another reply to that, If you have never lost, you aren't good enough to be a target.
    Retired from Evony.

    An ode to cookies, tho they were never free, the memory of their sweetness will always be within me.

    RIP cookies.

    As the golden orb falls out of the sky
    As we now say our final goodbyes
    our gaze is downcast
    Fallen fast
    Here lies Karma2
    Dead at last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •