Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swarms,hordes,and zounds OH MY!!

Default swarms,hordes,and zounds OH MY!!

These are just some of the crazy words found in my scouting reports to represent numerical amounts of opposing barbarians hidden in flats,swamps,etc. Now I dont claim to be from a time long past, when the clang of sword warfare was common place, so a little help here would be greatly appreciated. Surely my scout doesnt have a lisp? Its swarm out tonight?/Did you hear that zound?I over horde him say that? LOL Just a simple graph would work ie;swarm=100, zound=1000 and so on. Thanks

the only way i can think of figuring this out accurately is to have 2 people, 1 with high scouting abilities and the other with low, so if both scout the same city in about the same time before the valley levels, then we can see exactly what the numbers represent.

I can get my scouts to mention those words at all. It just says that I was attacked but got away and scout successful (ly)...
    How high do I have to have informatics to see the words?

This is just a guess from my experience but when informatics is within 1 of the valley level you see the words (lots, zounds, etc), when its equal you see the actual number, and anyting below you see basically nothing.

An easier method to figure these out is to scout them, and then attack to see the actual numbers.

These oddly seem pretty close to the quantity reports for monsters in Heroes of Might and Magic. They used these exact same terms. Wonder what the odds are of them matching quantity wise as well?

They used:

Few (#1-4), Several (5-9), Pack (10-19), Lots (20-49), Horde (50-99), Throng (100-249), Swarm (250-499), Zounds (500-999), and Legion (1000)

Perhaps they use a similar list (but with larger quanitites?

Quote Originally Posted by SirRocksALot View Post
    How high do I have to have informatics to see the words?
    There are a few factors that go into telling you the amount of troops in the valley that your attacking.
    1. The lvl of the valley you are attacking
    2. Amount of scouts
    3. Lvl of informatics.
    4. (Undetermined) amount of INT for Hero

Ive scouted a lvl 1 valley before with my Hero and im not sure how accurate my results where.

My first Hero i used had 20 POL 50 ATT 65 INT he was able to inform me of the amount of troops in the valley. I scouted the same valley 30mins later with another hero of mine with 70 POL 12 ATT 25 INT and only got the words mentioned early in the thread.
    The one and only crazy man that needs a life.

Proud assistant leader of WOLFPACK

mine are at level 5 now and thats the terms i ran into when i scout level 8 an up turf of any terrain

as soon as your informatics are high enough, the scouts will translate those words to numbers to you have real knowledge of what you are looking at, so just keep upgrading informatics and you won't have to worry about mysterious words
    Player Name: AndrexisKa

wisdom medal = forest, grassland, hill courage medal = desert, hill nation medal = lake, swamp
    freedom medal = swamp, flatland cross medal = lake, flatland honor medal = forest, grassland
    lion medal = desert, grassland
    justice medal = desert, hill rose medal = lake, flatland

Quote Originally Posted by Baltazan View Post
    These are just some of the crazy words found in my scouting reports to represent numerical amounts of opposing barbarians hidden in flats,swamps,etc. Now I dont claim to be from a time long past, when the clang of sword warfare was common place, so a little help here would be greatly appreciated. Surely my scout doesnt have a lisp? Its swarm out tonight?/Did you hear that zound?I over horde him say that? LOL Just a simple graph would work ie;swarm=100, zound=1000 and so on. Thanks
    its not that hard ppl
    a thing called a dictionary does exist

swarm: a large grouping of the same, (such as bees to a hive)
    Synonyms: flock

zound: its actually a feeling meaning 'Used to express anger, surprise, or indignation'

horde: a large group, larger than a swarm

legion: army consisting of 3,000 to 6,000 infantry troops and 100 to 200 cavalry troops
    A friend to all is a friend to none.
    Aristotle
    By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try. The world is beyond the winning.
    Lao Tzu
    Beyond ideas of right and wrong, there is a field. I'll meet you there.

I'd say the best way to find out what the words mean is to experiment with it.