Thread: Prestige Dropping

Default Prestige Dropping

I have seen many people purposely Join an alliance and quit it to drop their prestige to look like a lower player.
    is this legal?
    considering ive seen a guy with 300k prestige have 1.6mil archers. in a npc10 field he made and farms on a daily basis; which no one at 300k prestige could do without prestige dropping

Is there any advantage/disadvantage of doing so? besides having people under estimate you?
    Last edited by ljbaxter90; 01-13-2010 at 12:58 AM.
    King / DIE
    SS46 FORSAKEN Alliance
    Legend of Server 40
    Achieved instant Cavalry 2/9/2010
    Proof-> http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=102868

The only advantage is to be underestimated by stronger players.
    Reality scripted TV.
    Chasing fifteen minutes of fame.
    Fight over fuel.
    Violence in school.
    The youth are as confused as I am.

Oh and to stop people whinging at you because your 'picking' on them when your 10 times bigger than they are.

It has negative effects aswell, Like if you try to send resources or troops to a member of your alliance, you may get attacked along the way because of the pres gap

Quote Originally Posted by Huntahh View Post
    It has negative effects aswell, Like if you try to send resources or troops to a member of your alliance, you may get attacked along the way because of the pres gap
    The other side of this is the advantage that the lower prestige players would not have the gap and would be able to reinforce you without losses.

That and players who had a lower prestige wouldn't get robbed sending you resources if you dropped your prestige and closed the gap.
    It almost took 2 weeks but I now have my account back on SS1.
    Big thank you to FoxyBunny for just making it happen!

Default Prestige droping

i don't see any rules about prestige droping
    i know a friend who droped his prestige from 600k to 120k

There are no rules about prestige dropping, but that doesn't mean it's not an exploit.
    The reasons given so far for doing so are fairly lame.
    Why would a high prestige player need supplies from low prestige members of their alliance?
    I have a similar question regarding reinforcements, which should get to the destination (unless overloaded with supplies) without harm anyway.

I am wondering if there are some standover tactics going on in certain alliances where lower prestige members are being forced to prop up the higher level members, who are dropping their prestige to make sure they get all their protection payments?

The trap thing might work against n00bs but I doubt it would fool anyone with any real experience. The only other explanation I can think of is the ego trip. "I'm only 200k prestige and I just beat a guy with over 1 mill." That sort of thing.
    PEACE