View Poll Results: Would you like to see this implemented?

Voters
1647. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1,487 90.29%
  • No

115 6.98%
  • Indifferent

45 2.73%
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation Mode / Away Mode "Merged Topic"

The Vacation Mode has it's pros and cons, like if it did not have a "Times Used" restriction, people will just go into vacation mode after they are done playing.

Log on the next day and begin playing again. If people WANT this vacation mode oh so much, perhaps it should have a 24 hour interval between uses and coming back from vacation mode.
    Lord Ythan, Ruler of the Kingdom of Dalmaska
    Spread out as we are, but united we stand, brothers!
    - Lord Ythan, during the War of the Rivers

You seem to be missing a few points...

VM is kinda hard to 'abuse', since you can't. For most VM modes, there is a cooldown period which must expire before using it again (usually several days), and a period of 24 hours or so of not attacking or something of that nature before it can be initiated.

When you enter VM, your kingdom is frozen in time, and can't produce anything or attack.

You could put a limit on the amount of time you can vacation (suppose you could earn vacation time?), and after that amount of time the kingdom is taken out of VM automatically if the player doesn't.

If someone still think you could abuse the system, please put how they could here. I can't foresee any way to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ythan View Post
    The Vacation Mode has it's pros and cons, like if it did not have a "Times Used" restriction, people will just go into vacation mode after they are done playing.

Log on the next day and begin playing again. If people WANT this vacation mode oh so much, perhaps it should have a 24 hour interval between uses and coming back from vacation mode.
    No one also seems to read what my posts contain. I have an interval cooldown time and even a time interval that you can't attack anyone before entering VM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karthis View Post
    No one also seems to read what my posts contain. I have an interval cooldown time and even a time interval that you can't attack anyone before entering VM.
    Too much text!
    Lord Ythan, Ruler of the Kingdom of Dalmaska
    Spread out as we are, but united we stand, brothers!
    - Lord Ythan, during the War of the Rivers

Cool

don't care either way, except with regards to making it an item. having to pay not to play just does not feel right to me.

In the present system, if I was going to be gone for a week, I could set my production to almost nothing at the town hall, sell off my resources, transport my gold to an alliance member. and set tax at just enough to pay my heroes. hopefully the fact that there is nothing to plunder would keep people from attacking me.

not an ideal solution, but I can live with it.
    words are funny things
    they can explain, or confuse
    please use them wisely

This is a great idea.

There would be no need for a cool down period but make so people can only enter vacation mode, lets say, twice per month.

If there is a pending attack on them or by them, they can not enter vacation mode. Also, all construction and research would have to be finished. The account would be frozen at the given loyalty, gold and resources until the player returns and brings there account out of VM.

I for one am in the military, and will have short/long periods of time that i could not be able to access the game. It would not be fair that i lose everything i worked for over a period of time because i was truly unable to play the game.

not a bad idea it could be used nicely especially if you went on vacation fro lioke a week and you wouldnt have to wrry about being plundered

Default I agree with wildfiers sugetion

a complet frezing of the accont probaly costing coins and maybe resorse for 7or 14 days would not give an advatage sinse the player would have no income throw out this time, no billding opatunty and no way of atacking a short perod after were the atack ban was contused. the long perod would stop it be used when log on & off namder of time limits should be anule
    Last edited by Hensow; 04-17-2009 at 03:49 PM.

i like the idea of vacation mode cause you cant always be on this game.

Since I'm a seaman, and I'm out to sea a month at the time, a vacation mode is very much wanted from my side..
    And a cooldown time of 24 or 48 hours is a must.. So that ppl don't use it to their gain..
    If I had a chance to check my kingdom while I'm onboard my ship, I would.. But because of the bad connection we have, it don't work..
    Ain't so nice to come home to a demolished kingdom :|

JohnM
    Last edited by JohnM; 04-21-2009 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Adding text