View Poll Results: Would you like to see this implemented?

Voters
1647. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1,487 90.29%
  • No

115 6.98%
  • Indifferent

45 2.73%
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation Mode / Away Mode "Merged Topic"

I will never have a need for vacation mode, but other people will need it, and it's not just about me so I vote yes.

No i dont think this is a good idea... i mean if people get bored of the game they will put it on untill they want to play again .. meaning people who like/want to play the game are unable to attack these people.... i dont think thats fair on other players.

~ Swittch ~

~ Prestige Counter ~

1,000 / 5,000 / 10,000 / 20,000 / 40,000

Quote Originally Posted by Swittch View Post
    No i dont think this is a good idea... i mean if people get bored of the game they will put it on untill they want to play again .. meaning people who like/want to play the game are unable to attack these people.... i dont think thats fair on other players.
    Not saying you can put it on hold for several months.. But maybe 4-6 weeks at the max.. And everytime you use it, there has to be 24-48 days of cooldown time.. Maybe even more..

Exactly. VM has its limits. Its just there if you need to take a week or two off. It happens. People can't play Civony 24/7.

Definately a good idea. Not something i can see myself needing for the forseable future, but if I go on vacation I dont want someone else manageing my account, and I dont want to return to a pillaged kingdom.

Another benefit to this could be that it would be easier to distinguish between inactive players and players on vacation... making the time it takes to delete an inactive account faster.

Default Suspended Animation for Cities

Not sure if it has been brought up before, but I think it would be a good idea to have a feature where players can set their city(s) to suspended animation.
    In other words, if a player was to be gone for more than a week, they should be able to set their city to an idle position.
    In the suspended animation condition, a city cannot be attacked, and will not disappear after the inactive time (I'm thinking it's seven days). It should be set for 30 days. However, there will be no resource gathering or population increase for the city(s) either. The city(s) will remain in a state of suspension until the player returns and turns the feature off.

Reason is because if someone is going to be gone for an extended time, they might return and find their city(s) either gone, or having been ravaged by other players.

XD this game is in realtime sooooo I don't think there be thinking about

player who been gone for that look. ~.~

suspended animation is a good idea just a bad part to add when everyone love

taking things that don't belong to them.
    Me:what are you looking at?
    Cleverbot:Looking at the screeeeeen.
    Me:Really... What it doing?
    Cleverbot:Talking to me?

u can already set your status as truce which is the same thing almost but u can still biuld

Quote Originally Posted by obi View Post
    u can already set your status as truce which is the same thing almost but u can still biuld
    I believe that only lasts for 12 hours, though. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Iskander View Post
    I believe that only lasts for 12 hours, though. Correct?
    Correct. Not the most convenient amount of time if you're going on holiday.