Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide to uploading your Avatar and Signature

Thumbs up Guide to uploading your Avatar and Signature

In 2009, when I first started making sigs, I was surprised at the number of people that didn't have Avatars/ Signatures. Time and time again they said it was because they didn't know how to upload them. That gave birth to this guide:

First you need to make sure you are able to view images and display a signature:
    1) Go to your User CP
    2) Select "Edit Options"
    3) Scroll down to "Thread Display Options" and make sure the first 3 boxes are check marked.
    4) Then go all the way to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes"

Now to Upload your Signature:
    1) go to "user CP"
    2) select "Edit Signature"
    3) either upload a your pre-made signature from your computer (option 2) or enter the URL that you our your Signature Maker provided into option 1. Then Click "Upload"
    4) Now here is where some people mess up. Make sure you click " Insert signature picture". When you do this you will see the code [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] appear in the text box above and the image of you sig will be in the box below.
    5) if you do not see " [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] in the box for step 5 then you did not do step 4 correctly (or you did not enable signatures in the first section). If you do not see your signature in the "Preview box" (not shown on guide but at very top of screen if done correctly) or the "your current signature picture" box you did not do step 3 correctly.
    6) the final step is to click Save Signature at the bottom of the screen. If your signature does not show up in your posts and you did step 1-5 correctly, then you likely forgot step 6

Uploading your avatar is much easier:
    1) go to User CP
    2) go to Edit Avatar
    3) click "custom avatar"
    4) either upload a your pre-made Avatar from your computer (option 2) or enter the URL that you our your Signature Maker provided into option 1. Then Click "Save Changes"

P.S. To get an Uber signature, go to any of the signature factories or you can come visit mine: SweetP's Sig Shop.

In the past there was issues with people who are brand new to the forums not being able to upload their signatures or avatars. If you did everything above and are still having issues, please contact one of the Moderators or Staff.

Update Dec 5, 2010:
    Discussion about what is and isn't allowed as your Avatar or Sig... Our wonderful Rota had the perfect answer for this to clarify Evony's PC stance on our graphics:

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    When people need ask me what constitutes "family friendly" on these forums, I like to teach The Grandma Test.

Would you be willing to show this or say that to your grandmother and all her friends? They may not get the reference. They may not understand your joke. But would you get slapped for it?

Do not come back with the "My grandma is cool with things like this" argument. You know the point of this test, don't try to act like you don't know what I mean by this test. How would the prototypical grandmother react? That's why I added the "and all her friends" addendum.

If the grandma test doesn't work for you, then consider the "8 year old kid" test, it's essentially the same thing.

I don't recall your ava, ardee. But, some dictionary definition is not going to be a valid counter-argument. Trying to lawyer your way to find a loophole won't work on a privately owned forum. They can enforce the spirit of the law, and the letter of the law. I can't tell you if I think your ava was okay, because I don't remember it. I'm just sharing my thoughts on the "family friendly" tone of these forums and the enforcement of those rules.
    I would also like to add here... that people of all ages play, so you never know when someone has a little kid that walks by and sees what is on Mommy or Daddy or Big Brother/Sister's computer screen.
    Last edited by SweetP; 09-10-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Yet another awesome guide.
    Definitely worth a "sticky" thread nomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Yet another awesome guide.
    Definitely worth a "sticky" thread nomination.
    Agreed wholeheartedly Rota!

SweetP, you are a pearl. I thank you for this.

Thread stuck.

(Edit): I'll leave this open in case of a serious question or concern regarding this topic.
    Last edited by Wildor; 01-25-2010 at 11:05 PM.

What size does the signature has to be because it keeps saying "Remote file is too large"

Cossack For Whole Life

oh good point doesnt talk a bout max avatar size. Sweetp i am really disapponted now i thought you could do better

Thanks SweetP, this is a good guide, I was trying to link the signature pic that I wanted using [img] code and was wonderin' why it wasn't working, then I searched and found your guide

+rep!
    Server: 87
    Alliance: PtS
    Position: Retired
    http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af105/DankDeluxe420/1aadf1a8.gif

wow that is a weird sig and sort of dumb no offense man

All the angels sing........... Cuz your gonna die!

Lightbulb Linking Forum Pages

Hi there I get a lot of people asking me how i made an active link in my sig.
    It's not to hard and makes it a lil time saving for us forum goers to get to the next page. It's not which is what a lot of bbc code sites will say, it's rather simple here on Evony forums it's the image tags [IMG][/IMG]
    You would put your link inside those tags and there you go!

FYI: Please do not use to link to outside sites at all or you get to witness the BanHammer they hurt just link to your favorite or helpful posts or your own thread(s).

Thanks for reading

Moved to new home