Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argument to remove/alter the voting system

Default Argument to remove/alter the voting system

Well, I confess, I hardly ever vote. I don't care to and since I hardly ever login to my account any more it makes no difference any way. However having today cast my vote for governor I have come to have the opinion that this aspect of the game (along with many others but they be other stories) is completely out of control and ungoverned *insert ironic facepalm here*.

So being honest here I will say that either the whole polling/governor part of the game is scrapped.....or, something needs to be changed to stop the total exploitation of that part of the game. Some will say yeah so what if its being exploited.....well yes, indeed, I don't really care, as I explained in my opening sentence, but, for the love of god don't you all think your time would be better spent than to created hundreds and hundreds of voting alts every single day...? *waits for the "but my bot does it argument"*.

But I digress.....here is what prompted me to make this thread, a screen shot of today's polling booth on CA1 with more that one day still remaining. Take a look and judge, comment for yourself. I'd also like to see similar screen shots of other servers please.

http://gyazo.com/943eb4bd3026b471e5375bf9d79ef9ff

YNWA

RETIRED
    XxGamblexX aka RedEyeJedi
    S137 ~ SS54 ~ NA13 ~ NA21 ~ CA1

yet another example of the blatant abuse on the servers that causes lag/ prevents merges/ and makes game play unenjoyable.

i would bet on that server 99% of the votes are from automated accounts

i know on the server i play on it is down to about 100 players and 32,090 alts/fillers/ammy spinners

Happy Hunting!
    Phidaux

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    Well, I confess, I hardly ever vote. I don't care to and since I hardly ever login to my account any more it makes no difference any way. However having today cast my vote for governor I have come to have the opinion that this aspect of the game (along with many others but they be other stories) is completely out of control and ungoverned *insert ironic facepalm here*.

So being honest here I will say that either the whole polling/governor part of the game is scrapped.....or, something needs to be changed to stop the total exploitation of that part of the game. Some will say yeah so what if its being exploited.....well yes, indeed, I don't really care, as I explained in my opening sentence, but, for the love of god don't you all think your time would be better spent than to created hundreds and hundreds of voting alts every single day...? *waits for the "but my bot does it argument"*.

But I digress.....here is what prompted me to make this thread, a screen shot of today's polling booth on CA1 with more that one day still remaining. Take a look and judge, comment for yourself. I'd also like to see similar screen shots of other servers please.

http://gyazo.com/943eb4bd3026b471e5375bf9d79ef9ff
    To be honest i am not sure it's just the voting alts that are the problem. They do not do anything but being logs and vote and spin one amulet.
    For sure it's against the ToS but i do think the tons and tons of alts used on ca1 and i am sure on any other server is the big issue.
    They are being used 24/7 and are farming/building/moving troops all the time to the main accounts can draft them down again.

Most of the alts even truce the first time you even send an attack at them so you can't even send 2 attacks to erase them from the server. The bot community has become so big and the people trying to exploid every possible cheat and trick on this game has def affected gameplay and moral. I've seen reps of 100k scouts killing over 10mln troops (5mln archers + others) due to a backdoor glitch;
    when a player hits the colony-holder and the colony even has gates closed the colony looses all its troops, how big of a glitch used it that

but we all know at this point most players around do not like to play fair and are to afraid to even show their true skills so they resolve to cheating / glitching and of course the thousands of voting alts.

As long as evony doesn't accknowlegde this issue are there and are not willing to do something about it the game will die soon.
    Even heard that people resolve to hacking other peoples email-addresses just to beat them in the game. But then again once the downward spiral is set in where does it stop.

Cheat the cheater is what i call evony these days, but who knows maybe evony will finally see they do need to fix something or their cashcow will come to a hard stop soon

yes its all very much out of control, i was just pin pointing the voting system as i see this part of the game as an easy fix.

the backdoor attack is not a glitch, the defending suzarian will defend with his/her troops but with the colonies techs, this has always been so. thats why you put your settings to 0% in just about all cases.

YNWA

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    yes its all very much out of control, i was just pin pointing the voting system as i see this part of the game as an easy fix.

the backdoor attack is not a glitch, the defending suzarian will defend with his/her troops but with the colonies techs, this has always been so. thats why you put your settings to 0% in just about all cases.
    it's not the troops of the suzarian that fight. The troops of the colony are fighting then an 3rd att'er is hitting the suzerian. If the suzerian has his settings at 100% and his gates are closed and low techs the troops of the colony all of a sudden die bigtime.

If you where talking about a backdoor to send colonise att's to the colony you sure will fight the suzerian troops if he has 100% suppr settings, but this way a 3rd player att's the suzerian city and not even the colony and still the colony troops die bigtime. so it's def a error in evony coding.

just hope evony will see if they need to fix this game they got a lot of work.
    Option will be to create new merged servers without glitches and focus on the botters/voters. Less admin work to focus on cpl servers then the amount of servers they got atm.

So is there a general thought that the governor is unneeded?

Flaming CHICKEN!
    Courtesy: Sturm

Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    Yes, yes and yes. Remove it.

Furthermore, all these voting accounts are place around hc's so you have to attack from far away (sure fleet feet helps). Getting rid of Gov would go some way to tidying up servers of vote only accounts.

I don't think you would find many to complain if it were removed, you could alter the voting parameters if you wanted to keep it...make voting cost a price, 10m gold or something like that, or have a prestige system in place according to how old the server is....1 week 10k prestige, 1 month 100k prestige, 2 months 500k prestige, 3 months 1m prestige....and so on.

BUT...I suspect it would just throw down another challenge to the cheats in this game and they would work harder (or the bots would work harder more like) to circumnavigate the new obstacle you put in place. Removing it would put an end to the farce that is happening right now. In any case the Gov power to raise loy (the only one of worth) is outdated as alliances now do not even let you hold HC's unless your keys are shared, so there is always somebody on hand to log on.

Dave.........Have you considered producing your own Official Evony Bot??? You could make this new bot only do actions that you want gamers to use....farming and training troops (such actions that allow a player to progress in the game while still being able to go to work and attend to his/her family). The introduction of such a bot by yourselves could in effect, restart your enforcement of the TOS when it comes to bots, just put a statement out telling everyone that Unofficial Bot use will not be tolerated and will result in suspension and being banned, or something to that effect, you could even make a monthly charge to use your bot and make money (we all know you guys like that!)

The use of bots to do everything on evony is common place now, even accepting people into alliances and adding people to friends list is done via the bot, the game is going downhill very fast because of this, attacking a big player now you need to have access to several accounts that train hero's for you as an account full of lv100 hero's will be depleted in a matter of hours due to the defending bot speed cap releasing your hero's. You could solve so many problems and breath a new lease of life into evony with your own bot, allowing people to play while still being able to build and compete on a competitive level. All the game is now is a competition in who can cheat the most!!

Mull that over please.

YNWA

RETIRED

Yes i do think removing the gov will be the first step of removing the bots and tons of alts from the servers.
    It won't safe all but it will be a beginning.

I mentioned this very same thing approximately three to four months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Eminim View Post
    If it stays Banned, I hope envony releases all the HH's he has in there. I do agree with the statement about the 4k voting alts. I am assuming that they are being logged in with Autohotkey just to vote on a few selected ip's all trough the day. Evony must see all the accounts logging in day in and day out to do nothing more than to vote. If everyone did the same thing as Kaymion, there would be 50k voting alts on the server.
    I do agree that gov serves no purpose, kaymion manipulated votes for months and all he did was comfort 16's to keep them from being taken. As far as I am concerned, gov should go. However while we are discussing fixing things that are broken with the game and hinder fair play. How about putting a limit on colonizing the same as trucing? Colonization is being abused, in Ca1 you cannot attack any targets of importance because most of them stay colonized 24/7. I think getting rid of gov and limiting or eliminating colonization will bring new life and allow for epic battles to take place.
    Last edited by Eminim; 12-31-2014 at 02:08 PM.